• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation between Nazare and Fatima

Keikochan

Time of past OR future Camino
3 past (2014, 2018, 2019) and 1 planned in August
I'm starting from Nazare on Sept. 1 to Fatima and thanks to Mano, Jungleboy and hughb, I got some idea of what to expect. Recently a Camino friend sent me Caminhos de Fatima site where stated are accommodations in Cos(15km from Nazare), Livrament (some 18km before Fatima) in addition to the one in Pedreiras, which, according to Jungleboy, doesn't seem to exist. Does anyone know of anything about them? I'd appreciate any information on their recent status.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
in addition to the one in Pedreiras, which, according to Jungleboy, doesn't seem to exist.
It may exist, I didn’t really look into it. I just remember that some of the signage on that route gives icons for the services in the various towns and the signs for Pedreiras didn’t have the accommodation icon.

Porto de Mós has accommodation and is about 20km from Fátima.

I can't find Porto de Mos on my map, which is taken from Caminhos de Fatima site and rather sketchy. Is it' beyond Pedreiras? Anyway, I am getting more hope for completing this route. Thank you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It’s just north of Livramento, so yes, beyond Pedreiras. On this map the blue line is the Caminho de Nazaré and the two red pins are the Porto de Mós castle (the northern-most one) and the Quinta do Rio Alcaide, where we stayed.

IMG_3706.jpeg

So this is what happened in Nazare. I asked and asked to the tourists officers, local accommodation owners, sanctuary staff, etc.But nobody knows anything about any place to sleep. Only when I gave up and took a bus to Fatima, their tourist officer mentioned the one in Porto do Mos, the one Jungleboy kindly suggested. Too late! Even though I had considered it in Nazare no bus station staff would have told me how to get there. I am so depressed not being able to communicate in Portugués. Really frustrating!
So I am in Rabacal today, the 4th day’s walk from Fatima and enjoying walking solo very much. However I wish to communicate with local people and longing to get to Spain, whose language I can speak. I found two languages are so different when it comes to speaking. I still have 4weeks to go. Wish me a good luck!

Hi. I'm planning to walk to Fatima from Nazare on 3rd Nov. Appreciated the discussion here with helpful information on accommodation. Thanks to jungleboy for sharing.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It’s just north of Livramento, so yes, beyond Pedreiras. On this map the blue line is the Caminho de Nazaré and the two red pins are the Porto de Mós castle (the northern-most one) and the Quinta do Rio Alcaide, where we stayed.

View attachment 149019
where did you get this type of detailed map for the Nazera-Fatima route? Thanks

where did you get this type of detailed map for the Nazera-Fatima route? Thanks
Tracks are available on the official site here:

I asked and asked to the tourists officers, local accommodation owners, sanctuary staff, etc.But nobody knows anything about any place to sleep. {in} Fatima, their tourist officer mentioned the one in Porto do Mos, the one Jungleboy kindly suggested. Too late! ...in Nazare no bus station staff would have told me how to get there.
In my experience, even when the bus station staff talk English, or can understand my basic Portuguese, they have almost no knowledge about things like accommodation in the towns they sell tickets to. Most of their clientele is locals. Tourist offices, too, are sketchy at best about anything outside the well-publicized tourist destinations such as Fatima, Coimbra and Tomar. Unfortunate, but not surprising when the "outside the usual hotspot" tourism is mostly so new. Not terribly well coordinated so far. With luck, this will improve!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

A local (central Portuguese) news source reported recently on the newly marked routes to Fatima from 1/ Serta 2/Tomar and 3/ Abrantes (east of Vila Nova da Barquinha on the Tejo/Tagus). Here's a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.