• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation - Camino Portugues Coastal

IvBel

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues Coastal
Hi, I would like to ask you about booking of accommodation. Should I do it in advance? I'm going on Camino Portugues Coastal on my own and I don't know if it is enough to arrive in an albergue or I should book it in advance. Are there enough albergues on the way? Is there any list of albergues? App Camino Ninja doesn't work on my iphone. Do you have any other tips? Thank you all :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi, I'm starting planning for next year. The busy months are.,..,?
May to September for Pilgrims. July & August for local and international holiday makers. September - October for surfers.

I don't recall any reports of Pilgrims in Church porches or Sports Halls on the Portugueses but those are the busier seasons. A wander through the Portuguese pages of the forum will give you the latest information on experiences this year https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/routes-in-portugal.333/

Though popular those routes still see nothing like the volumes of the last 100km or so of the Camino Frances

I don't have any statistics, but the Portuguese Coastal is probably busiest in the summer.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, I would like to ask you about booking of accommodation. Should I do it in advance? I'm going on Camino Portugues Coastal on my own and I don't know if it is enough to arrive in an albergue or I should book it in advance. Are there enough albergues on the way? Is there any list of albergues? App Camino Ninja doesn't work on my iphone. Do you have any other tips? Thank you all :)
I’ve booked much of my accommodation on booking.com You can find can hostels and dorms on there in addition to B n Bs and small hotels.

We walked the Portuguese Costal from April 25, 2022 and found the trail great, weather superb, and other pilgrims light. Would highly recommend this time of year. We used Bookings for all our accommodations about 2 days in advance. Had a better than fantastic Camino.

I walked the Portuguese Central on early March this year (2023). Didn't book anything and it was super fine, but I'm pretty sure this was the case because it was not in the high season. If you're going in the next weeks, I'd suggest you to book with 2 days in advance. Also, if it's your first Camino, I'd highly recommend you to not book to much ahead, as you may miscalculate the distance you can walk (either overestimate or underestimate).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back