• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation

Julieiow

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugese 2017
Hi we are planning to walk the last 100k of the Camino portugese in September from Valenca. Can anyone point me in the direction of a list of hotels please along this route. Thankyou.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi julieiow, If you want to stay overnight in Valenca I would suggest the Portas do Sol. the rooms are excellent, the situation beautiful, the price is low for such quality accommodation and the owner is one of the kindest people I met on the CP. You can then start your Camino by walking over the bridge to Spain at dawn and enjoy breakfast in Tui. Bom Caminho!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We are doing the same route in May. The website for TuiTrans.com (a company that transports your luggage from one town to the next) has a very comprehensive list of all lodging in each town along the route. Working from their list, I booked all our hotels either directly with the hotel or with Booking.com.

We are doing the same route in May. The website for TuiTrans.com (a company that transports your luggage from one town to the next) has a very comprehensive list of all lodging in each town along the route. Working from their list, I booked all our hotels either directly with the hotel or with Booking.com.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi we are planning to walk the last 100k of the Camino portugese in September from Valenca. Can anyone point me in the direction of a list of hotels please along this route. Thankyou.
I don't have a list for you, but here are several of the places we stayed at last year that I recommend:
In Tui, the San Clemente Alburgue is worth checking out. We got a private room upstairs for cheap, they have laundry facilities, there's a large garden area, and best of all (for us, anyway) it's right on the trail on the northern edge of town which makes for an easy and quick getaway.

We pushed on past Padron and stayed in Esclavitud, Spain at the Casa Grande da Capellania
http://www.casagrandedacapellania.es/ for our last night on the trail. It’s the former rectory for the church next door, family owned and run for generations. BTW, by staying there instead of Padron, it makes for a nice easy day into Santiago. This place is comfortable and homey, and the proprietor will cook you a dinner that’s fantastic. Great place to stay…unless you’re sensitive to noise ‘cause it is very close to a busy highway. It didn’t bother us, but that’s just us, so your mileage may vary. It is literally right on top of the trail – five steps out the door and you’re on it, so a great place to head off to Santiago.

In Santiago, our favorite hotel (we stayed there the previous year after doing the Frances, too), is the Hotel Costa Vella http://www.costavella.com/ Roberto, the proprietor, will do everything he can to make your stay enjoyable. Even if you don’t stay there, it has a beautiful garden area that can’t be beat which will help calm your mind after days of hiking.

Finally, the Bodeguilla de San Roque Restaurant serves great food – just a couple of blocks from the Costa Vella, and it’s well worth a visit.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.