• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations near Madrid airport?

Shades of Narnia

Sandi, Shades of Narnia
Time of past OR future Camino
2014, 2015 , 2016 & 2018, 2021, 2022, 2023, (2024)
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Search past threads - there were a number of great suggestions on this last year.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You can find Hostelfly on Booking.com. It is within walking distance of the airport. Very clean and private. It has a 24 hour reception. I stayed there last November and was very satisfied.

Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
like any big city, madrid will not have cheap accommodations. expect to pay at least +30 euros for an overnight, shared dorm. San Sebastian may be worse.

like any big city, madrid will not have cheap accommodations. expect to pay at least +30 euros for an overnight, shared dorm. San Sebastian may be worse.
I've stayed in private rooms in Madrid for c. €35 a night. If you're not too fussy about the exact location, it's not too difficult.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I stayed at Senator Barajas. They have a free airport shuttle and two restaurants, drinks are good and food is edible. Rooms were clean and spacious. Desk clerk is available 24 hours a day if you have any questions or need help with anything. Taxi is usually stationed right out front if the shuttle is out running to the airport. Overall a very nice place for my needs.

My best plan for Trans the MAD airport is getting out asap . Once there you can catch a cheap connection to your destination. Last month I arrive at 6:00 and caught a flight to Asturias at 8:30 for $65 , there is a fast train for more and it would require two subway stops during rush hour to get to the train station . After a long flight to Madrid you want to rest up as soon as possible

You can find Hostelfly on Booking.com. It is within walking distance of the airport. Very clean and private. It has a 24 hour reception. I stayed there last November and was very satisfied.
Is it only for Pilgrims?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hostal Viky consistently gets good reviews - and include pick-up/delivery at the airport. I've slept there many, many times.
Just overnighted there. Very good. Easy to get to, the Old Town Barajas is nice for a stroll & light dinner. One can walk to T2 or use VIKY’s free shuttle. A 10 for me.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
which streets did you take to walk? Looks like there’s runways in the way. 😳
See the attached Google map snapshot. There’s a huge walkway over the highway but not shown on this map. I circled the area. It’s really 4” from Hostal Viky or the Hostelfly. The areas all residential and the greenery is a children’s park. I strolled it in the evening and saw the walk across.

Attachments

• IMG_1492.jpeg
    IMG_1492.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4

Most read last week in this forum

Hi All - I am a debit card /cash only girl, its just how I live. I transfer X amount of money from a savings on to a debit card and then use my debit card. I've been looking into using the Wise...
Hi all! Have you used Pilgrim.es to plan your Camino? The reviews that I have found make me a bit nervous. Bit I can’t find any other company that will work with my group size. I don’t mind paying...
Hi All, My next leg is from Los Arcos. I'm hoping to go back in Sept and as i will be solo this time and no one to shared transfer costs with im trying to figure out best routes for bus and train...
I saw the list posted with all the transfer companies for different routes, super helpful! What I haven't seen yet is a good estimation tool/reference for budget consideration. Top Santiago has a...
Ryanair have announced that after November they will no longer be flying to/from Bordeaux. Unfortunate for those heading for SJPDP as it is a useful alternative to Biarritz...
Is there a discount card available for seniors' travel in Spain?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back