• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation in Charmartin

Nike2

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking from Sarria June 2016
Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay in Charmartin?we are staying one nite before catching train to Sarria

Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Try Booking.com and order the results from low to high price. It is very easy to use.

Hope this helps
Buen Camino

Davey

Hi, Nike2,
Welcome to the forum.

@Castilian has recommended a couple of places near the station. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/accommodation-in-madrid.40374/#post-408057

I love Madrid, but this area is definitely not my favorite. No charm, few places to go. Chamartin is so well connected with the Cercanias train system that I would find a place near the Puerta de Sol. It's a 9 minute ride from there to the train station, and the trains are extremely frequent because a number of lines go through both places. http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/madrid/index.html

You can do searches near Sol with any of the major hotel websites. I have generally gotten on booking.com and got some great last minute prices in the Sol area. Buen camino, Laurie

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
@Castilian has recommended a couple of places near the station.

I didn't really recommend them because I don't have personal experience with any of them although I have second-hand info about one of them (relatives were lodged there several days years ago and didn't have complains). I just quoted 2 accommodations that I've seen from the outdoors on my visits to Madrid and that are really close to Chamartín train station (in fact, one of them is in the train station itself) being the closeness to Chamartín train station the main reason why I quoted them (that's why I said if you just want an accommodation close to the train station). Both of them have a star rating that implies that they should be fine for the purposes of the OP in that thread if they were within his/her budget although, of course, each one's personal expectatives about an accommodation can make a difference. That's why to read reviews about an accommodation is always a good idea and why I suggested the OP of that thread to read reviews about whatever accommodation s/he planned to book regardless the area of Madrid where it was located. Being the two hotels that I quoted part of hotel chains, it's easy to find reviews online about them to get a better idea of what to expect and book accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a number of hostels in the Gran Via area (see booking.com) if you don't mind hostels. Gran Via also is a hub and it takes no time at all to get to Charmartin. Tons of stuff to do/see in the Gran Via/Puerta del Sol/Plaza del Callao/Plaza Mayor area.

There are a number of hostels in the Gran Via area (see booking.com) if you don't mind hostels. Gran Via also is a hub and it takes no time at all to get to Charmartin. Tons of stuff to do/see in the Gran Via/Puerta del Sol/Plaza del Callao/Plaza Mayor area.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I didn't really recommend them because I don't have personal experience with any of them although I have second-hand info about one of them (relatives were lodged there several days years ago and didn't have complains). I just quoted 2 accommodations that I've seen from the outdoors on my visits to Madrid and that are really close to Chamartín train station (in fact, one of them is in the train station itself) being the closeness to Chamartín train station the main reason why I quoted them (that's why I said if you just want an accommodation close to the train station). Both of them have a star rating that implies that they should be fine for the purposes of the OP in that thread if they were within his/her budget although, of course, each one's personal expectatives about an accommodation can make a difference. That's why to read reviews about an accommodation is always a good idea and why I suggested the OP of that thread to read reviews about whatever accommodation s/he planned to book regardless the area of Madrid where it was located. Being the two hotels that I quoted part of hotel chains, it's easy to find reviews online about them to get a better idea of what to expect and book accordingly.

I'd definitely stay in central Madrid and then travel to Charmartin in the morning. I looked into staying around Charmartin once and decided against it - the area isn't very interesting and public transportation between central Madrid and Charmartin is really easy.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.