• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Add People to Conversation

Sr.Bigote

Fifth Camino planned for 2023!
Time of past OR future Camino
2016 CF, 2017 CNorte, Prima, 2023 Portuguese
I started a "conversation" recently, and figured out to add people I need to go to the lower, right column and there is a link to open. Now, I went back to add more people and that button is no longer there. I am working with a different computer, with a different IP, and from a different country . . . but I can't see (nor can anyone else permitted in the conversation) the add persons button. Is anyone else having that issue?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have never added a person, so I went to see if I could figure it out. No, I don't see how to add a person to an existing conversation! And I am using the same computer as usual.

I will be interested if someone posts the solution.

I have learned how to do this, believe it or not -- scroll all the way down to the bottom when you are in your conversation, and on the right side there will be a box that notes who is in your conversation. It says "conversation participants." That will list all of the people currently involved. There is also a bar for you to click that says "invite more". When you click on it, you can insert the forum member's name.

Well, that wasn't so hard! Either I didn't scroll all the way down before, or it simply wasn't there!

Hi there,

When anyone start a conversation there is an option (see below) to "allow anyone in the conversation to invite others". If this is not checked, only the person that started the conversation can add more people.

Moderators can always add more people to a conversation regardless of if this box was ticked or not...

Not sure if this helped at all.. when you say you could add a person in one conversation, but could not in another.. was this in two different conversations? (One you started and one you did not maybe?)

Greetings from Santiago!
Ivar

ahh... I just realized that there is a maximum of 5 participants to a conversation.. if you hit 5 you can not add more participants...

I can change this... what would be a good number?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Well, what you are describing is exactly what I have done in the past -- but, now, the "invite more" link is not showing on my laptop. Can you see it? If so, then it is likely only because I am using my smaller laptop. But I would be interested if anyone can actually see it; if not, we might should inform the forum administrator.

Hi, Sr. Bigote, Look at Ivar's post that came after mine. There is a five person limit to a conversation, it seems. Has your group hit the maximum? Ivar has offered to increase the number, also.

Moderators can always add more people to a conversation regardless of if this box was ticked or not...

Just to clarify something Ivar said, and which I got a message about -- while it seems that moderators are not subject to the same rules about adding people to their PMs, you shouldn't think that we mods have access to other people's private conversations. That is absolutely not the case -- we can only see the conversations that we have started or that we are included in. Buen camino, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
ahh... I just realized that there is a maximum of 5 participants to a conversation.. if you hit 5 you can not add more participants...

I can change this... what would be a good number?

Oh . . . that is certainly the problem, since we have reached 5. Could you perhaps increase the number to 15? It would be greatly appreciated.

Yes! That works. Thank you!

Ivar . . . .well, our little April 1 through 5 has grown to 13 now. Would it be possible to increase the number of allowed invitees again? Perhaps to something like 25? Your Forum is simply amazing, and it is so helpful.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I just set the limit to 30. That should give you room to grow

Ivar . . . apologies, but our "conversation" just exceeded 30 people. Could you please raise the possible number to more -- perhaps 40 or 50? Thank you. Conversation:
Group Depart SJPP April 1-5, 2017

Ivar . . . apologies, but our "conversation" just exceeded 30 people. Could you please raise the possible number to more -- perhaps 40 or 50? Thank you. Conversation:
Group Depart SJPP April 1-5, 2017
Done! It is now 60!

Buen camino to the 30+ pilgrims in this mega conversation!
Ivar

Most read last week in this forum