• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advice for six easy days from Sarria to Santiago

Chipaway

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese 2019
Hello-- My sister in law and I are starting from Sarria on 10/23 and want to arrive in Santiago 10/28.
I had some bad luck and had two stents placed in my heart last week, but hope to have been cleared by the time we go-- I don't want to abandon my sister (we are in our 60's and want to take this shot.)
I'd like to break the six days into 10 miles a day and stay in hotels, or private rooms. Any suggestions on breaking up the days and good hotels or rooms?
Thank you very much.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi,
I know many people will have suggestions for you. I can recommend these places which are not 10 miles apart, but may fit into your plan depending where you decide to stop each day:
Sarria - http://www.casabaran.com/ Nice location, comfortable rooms, great staff.

Just beyond Sarria in Barbadelo there is a nice albergue with good food in a pretty setting. Not sure if they have private rooms. http://www.barbadelo.com/

Ventas - Casa Molar. Very pretty location, good food, nice place to stop and rest. They have a dorm and two very simple private rooms with a shared bath. Very friendly and relaxing place. I did not find a website - we just stopped there in early May without a reservation.

San Xulian - Hostel O Abrigadoiro - Another cozy place in a small village just beyond Palaise de Rei. They have a dorm room, but I think they have private rooms as well. http://abrigadoiro.es.tl/Albergue-O-Abrigadoiro.htm

Just before Pedrouzo Arca - Casa da Fonte - http://adelavidal16.wixsite.com/casadafonte - small village and either they had a great restaurant or it was right next door. We had a very memorable last night on the Camino listening to some very interesting people share their stories.

We stayed in a few othe place between Sarria and Santiago, but I really liked the above accommodations because they were small, cozy, and friendly.
Hope that helps. Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hotel San Marcos in Palas de Rei is in an good location.

Although I generally stayed in pilgrim albergues a favorite restaurant spot of mine just east of Palas de Rei is La Cabana which also offer a very good rate for rooms for pilgrims. The basic atmosphere is a of a cluster of timber cabins. Always open one of their delights is a large veranda where one can eat, drink and check the web. The daily menu de dia is tasty and the staff are very friendly
Do try it! Here is their web >> http://www.complejolacabana.com/.

Buen Camino!

San Xulian - Hostel O Abrigadoiro - Another cozy place in a small village just beyond Palaise de Rei. They have a dorm room, but I think they have private rooms as well. http://abrigadoiro.es.tl/Albergue-O-Abrigadoiro.htm
Very pleasant. Communal meal. They have at least one private room and bath on a floor to itself because we took it for our anniversary. Not much in town but I went exploring anyway and found that there was a place where you could get a massage just a tiny bit further along the camino. I arranged one for a gift to Peg.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Chipaway. If you check the Camino Resources section in the Creature Comfort and Camino Lodgings headings, there are a couple of tools to help you plan ahead with pre booking on this busy part of the camino. Buen Camino!

I did Sarria to Santiago in 6 days earlier this year, in April. I walked with my daughter, who was heavily jetlagged, so the luxury of private accommodation (I've previously stayed in albergues) was worth it ! And as she had no sleeping bag it meant I didn't have to bring 2 bags with me travelling to Spain.

We started at Barbadelo, and below I list the places we stayed (all private), all approx 20km apart. It all worked out pretty well. The casa rural at Lodoso (which was wonderful!) picked us up in Portos and dropped us back there the next morning. I pre-booked and pre-paid bag transfer with Camino Facil, and there were no issues. I think I booked most if not all of these places using booking.com purely because of the convenience of having all the reservations listed in the app on my phone.

4km - BARBADELO – Albergue 108 to Santiago €29 twin room shared bathroom
18km - PORTOMARIN – Pension Portomino €45 twin room ensuite
20km - LODOSO (near Portos) – Casa Rural Roan y Casa Grande €63 twin room ensuite dinner €20 each
20km - MELIDE – Pension Pereiro - €40 twin room ensuite
14km - ARZUA – La Casona de Nene - €49 twin room shared bathroom
19km - O PEDROUZO – Pension Codesal €44 twin room ensuite
20km - SANTIAGO de COMPOSTELA – Hotel Costa Vella €97 twin room ensuite with balcony
Hospederia San Martin Pinario €23 single room ensuite inc breakfast

Aqua Rooms Sarria (Booking.com or call, English spoken) very nice w/dbl and triple. Great location.

Palas de Rei, Albergue San Marcos. They have a separate building with private rooms.

O Pedruzo, Pension Maruja A bit off the Camino but nice private dbls. Very nice Hospitalera.

Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,
I know many people will have suggestions for you. I can recommend these places which are not 10 miles apart, but may fit into your plan depending where you decide to stop each day:
Sarria - http://www.casabaran.com/ Nice location, comfortable rooms, great staff.

Just beyond Sarria in Barbadelo there is a nice albergue with good food in a pretty setting. Not sure if they have private rooms. http://www.barbadelo.com/

Ventas - Casa Molar. Very pretty location, good food, nice place to stop and rest. They have a dorm and two very simple private rooms with a shared bath. Very friendly and relaxing place. I did not find a website - we just stopped there in early May without a reservation.

Just before Pedrouzo Arca - Casa da Fonte - http://adelavidal16.wixsite.com/casadafonte - small village and either they had a great restaurant or it was right next door. We had a very memorable last night on the Camino listening to some very interesting people share their stories.

We stayed in a few othe place between Sarria and Santiago, but I really liked the above accommodations because they were small, cozy, and friendly.
Hope that helps. Buen Camino

Thank you very much Julie and Peter

I did Sarria to Santiago in 6 days earlier this year, in April. I walked with my daughter, who was heavily jetlagged, so the luxury of private accommodation (I've previously stayed in albergues) was worth it ! And as she had no sleeping bag it meant I didn't have to bring 2 bags with me travelling to Spain.

We started at Barbadelo, and below I list the places we stayed (all private), all approx 20km apart. It all worked out pretty well. The casa rural at Lodoso (which was wonderful!) picked us up in Portos and dropped us back there the next morning. I pre-booked and pre-paid bag transfer with Camino Facil, and there were no issues. I think I booked most if not all of these places using booking.com purely because of the convenience of having all the reservations listed in the app on my phone.

4km - BARBADELO – Albergue 108 to Santiago €29 twin room shared bathroom
18km - PORTOMARIN – Pension Portomino €45 twin room ensuite
20km - LODOSO (near Portos) – Casa Rural Roan y Casa Grande €63 twin room ensuite dinner €20 each
20km - MELIDE – Pension Pereiro - €40 twin room ensuite
14km - ARZUA – La Casona de Nene - €49 twin room shared bathroom
19km - O PEDROUZO – Pension Codesal €44 twin room ensuite
20km - SANTIAGO de COMPOSTELA – Hotel Costa Vella €97 twin room ensuite with balcony
Hospederia San Martin Pinario €23 single room ensuite inc breakfast
Julia-- thanks for all the information.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back