Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Advice on getting from Pamplona to St. Jean Pied de Port

zoe.smith994

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Planned September 2022
Hi there! I am flying into Pamplona on Wednesday and wondering how to get to SJPP. I see one bus that runs daily at noon, but my flight lands at 1pm. I am hoping to not have to pay for a taxi the whole way (if anyone else is arriving on Wednesday, August 31 maybe we can split a ride?) and am wondering if people have found other ways to get to SJPP when the bus from Pamplona is not an option. Thanks!!

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
2016, 2022
Hi there! I am flying into Pamplona on Wednesday and wondering how to get to SJPP. I see one bus that runs daily at noon, but my flight lands at 1pm. I am hoping to not have to pay for a taxi the whole way (if anyone else is arriving on Wednesday, August 31 maybe we can split a ride?) and am wondering if people have found other ways to get to SJPP when the bus from Pamplona is not an option. Thanks!!
Other options if you don't have a reservation in SJPDP, stay over a night in Pamplona? Catch the bus the next day or just start walking your Camino from Pamplona? You may see other pilgrims on your flight and could share a ride with them.

MEO

1st will be the Frances beginning Sept. 6 2022.
I had the same question as I arrive in Pamplona by train on 9/5 at 6:30PM. From my research, that 1 bus and taxis are just about our only options. Since I arrive so late, I decided to stay in Pamplona rather than SJPP for the 1st night. That way I'll have a better chance finding someone to share a taxi in the morning or take the bus as a last resort at noon.

Sacha

Peregrina
06/22 SJPP - Logroño
05/23 Logroño - Leon
Hi! I arrived at 1pm this year at Pamplona aswell. I found several pilgrims waiting at the taxi stand, enough to fill two taxis. In the end I was a lot more comfortable than the bus and I spend about the same.

Sacha

Peregrina
06/22 SJPP - Logroño
05/23 Logroño - Leon
Hi! I arrived at 1pm this year at Pamplona aswell. I found several pilgrims waiting at the taxi stand, enough to fill two taxis. In the end I was a lot more comfortable than the bus and I spend about the same.
I would even suggest to start walking that same day to Orrison or Borda to split the first day in half. Unless you want to do some sightseeing in SJPP, which I also recommend haha

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

AnaRosario

Pomplano to Santiago (March 29-May 6 2018)
Other options if you don't have a reservation in SJPDP, stay over a night in Pamplona? Catch the bus the next day or just start walking your Camino from Pamplona? You may see other pilgrims on your flight and could share a ride with them.
Yes exactly. I started mine in Pamplona the year of 2018. This year I plan on going to St Jean, God willing. Buen Camino

St Mary MacKillop Camino
Frances Sept 22
Sorry to jump on your post zoe.smith994 but I am travelling from Pamplona Sat Sept 3rd to SJPDP and I have sent a reservation request to Teletaxi Sam Fermin, received a pending notice so far and that’s it, has anyone done this and how did you know which taxi was yours? I put in my reservation that I will be at the station. Will I receive a final booking. I have emailed them without any reply. Thank you for any help.

TMcA

Pamplona to Santiago (2013)
Le Puy to Pamplona in segments (2013 - 2016)
Pamplona to León
The logistics of the bus to SJdPP from Pamplona and the need to waste a day in order to get that bus made us decide to just start walking from Pamplona. We never regretted it.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Most read last week in this forum

Used Jacotrans for past 2 weeks. Received backpack today after a transfer in Astorga. Found one shoulder tension strap ripped out of its seam making backpack completely unusable. Other shoulder...
I am currently in SdC and am looking for the best way to return to Pamplona with my dog. Alsa will not take us, Any suggestions, ideas?
Friends, any suggestions of how best to get from Carrion de los Condes to Burgos on Saturday 1st October next (in the morning). Thanks

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides