• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Airport Bus Service Cancelled

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
This route will continue with Monbus. It might not operate for the next few days since this change seem to have happened very fast and they had no plan b ready... My guess that over the next few days/weeks, we will know the new hours that Monbus will operate the Santiago airport to Lugo route.

The same is true for the airport bus in Santiago by the way... this route is now taken over by the number 6 bus, but will most likely be back as normal (with another company) shortly.

The new buss station in Santiago opens in March.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Look at that! Can you believe it's Santiago de Compostela?
The new bus station will be merged with the train station!
Actually it will be on the other side of the train station.
Quite a walk from the Cathedral... 1700 m (20-25 min)

Last edited by a moderator:
They did... but MonBus will take over this route as well. As far as I read Freire will no longer do these routes nd only do bus service for school children. The Santiago to Lugo route was theirs for 75 years until today.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
They did... but MonBus will take over this route as well. As far as I read Freire will no longer do these routes nd only do bus service for school children. The Santiago to Lugo route was theirs for 75 years until today.
Once again Ivar you are a wealth of all things Camino, even bus routes that I have never heard of!!! Pretty cool my friend!

Where is the new bus station in Santiago when it opens?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It might make life easier for me and people in a similar situation who fly into Santiago then travel out to their start point like I do hopefully in June, it gives us the option of going for either bus or train if transfer times are tight..

If I were to bus into SdeC from Lugo this coming September (a real possibility) would I be deposited at the old bus station of the new bus station?

Wow!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

That is one heck of a station. Where are all those glamorous young women in slinky black dresses going? They look like they're part of the pre-pandemic Manhatten cocktail scene.

Most read last week in this forum