• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergos or hostels along the coastal route?

jerome

Guys, I decided to go coastal route on 1st of October for a week or so.

Are there any websites with lists of addresses of albergos or hostels along this route? Im starting from Porto.

Is there any chance to sleep outdoors? Like, some segments of the route where is no indoor places for a sleep?

Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Jerome

Both my wife & I walk it in 2.010 (Año Santo).
Once you enter Galicia at the office just where you come off the boat they told us that this route had to be played by ear o_O. Very few peregrines walk it.( we were number 19& 20 in a Holy Year and it was Aug.) Some places don´t have albergues. Vigo wasn´t marked then ( don´t know if it is now). But of the 3 Caminos we have walked it has been our favorite. Once the Camino joins the other Portugues one at Redondela you´ll have no problem what so ever.

Here´s a link that may be of some help - http://camino.xacobeo.es/caminos/camino-portugues-por-la-costa

Perhaps Johnnie Walker may have a booklet that would be of great help as well.

Buen Camino!

Johnnie Walker makes some good suggestions on his blog. There will not be an abundance of albergues or pilgrims, but there is an abundance of inexpensive rooms. You might consider googling some of the towns where you might be stopping. Also, tourist office in Porto should be helpful in pointing you in the right direction. What the route lacks in infrastructure for pilgrims, it more than makes up in beauty.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you guys! Will check links and tourist office in Porto, gonna spend there one day before the start.

Btw, which items by your experience is the most necessary to take on the route? How it goes with moscitos and other insects, doesnt bother?

Thanks!

Thank you guys! Will check links and tourist office in Porto, gonna spend there one day before the start.

Btw, which items by your experience is the most necessary to take on the route? How it goes with moscitos and other insects, doesnt bother?

Thanks!

Credit Card - light in weight but save you many a time.;)

Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Guys, I decided to go coastal route on 1st of October for a week or so.

Are there any websites with lists of addresses of albergos or hostels along this route? Im starting from Porto.

Is there any chance to sleep outdoors? Like, some segments of the route where is no indoor places for a sleep?

Thanks!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi i am doing this of my rickety mobile so cant give you precise details but there are albergue de peregrinos(adp) in Matoshinhos( portuscale association), 26-28 km on you have an Adp in in Povoa de Varzim, 19-21km you have a Adp in Marinhas(red cross building), 23km an adp in Viana da Castelo(in a covento), 24km on a Adp in Caminha. If you stick to the coastal route you have a ferry journey to Spanish soil and 4km walk to Guarda where there is a Adp(try tourist info), you then have 21-23 km walk to mougras where there is a private albergue 10 euros which may have been originally a peregrino only one but the xunta let it go and someone else has taken the reins. Here my memory gets patchy, but about 20km + on in Nigran there is a peregrino option, then about 25km+ in Friexe is a peregrino option 10 Euros this is on the alternative way to Vigo and at a higher level- so good views of the Ria. Then next 10-20km(?) you are back on the main route at Redondela.

Good luck.

Most read last week in this forum

Looking for segmenting advice on the Portuguese Costal between Porto and Vila do Conde. We originally considered starting in Matosinhos walking straight to Vila do Conde. That's ~23 KM. On paper...
Hello beautiful people. I decided and chose Portuguese route for my first Camino. I’ll come from Kyiv to Paris, and then find a way to get to Porto. Maybe I’ll take a flight. I do my last...
Greetings from Porto! It is absolutely gorgeous here today and I am sorely tempted to linger a few days to enjoy it all … but the Way awaits and I plan to start walking from Matosinhos on Sunday...
Bag is packed, weather forecast looks like rain, but we've got our waterproofs at the ready! My partner and I fly into Porto tomorrow evening, then we'll spend the night in Matosinhos and start...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back