• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue at Villar de Santo Domingo Garcia

Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Hi,
I am on the ruts de la lana walking from cuenca and I am not sure if albergue at Villar de DOMINGO Garcia is open. Tried Ayuntamento but no reply even from Cuen no help.
could anyone help pls.
Thanks
Raymond Aquilina

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,
I am not sure if albergue at Villar de DOMINGO Garcia is open.
Hi,Raymond, Just for fun, I have also tried calling the ayuntamiento a couple of times but don’t get an answer either. I’m assuming you’ve asked the hospitalero in Cuenca for help?

Maggie’s blog (at magwood.me) says they just went to the Bar Goyo and got the keys.

There is also a Casa Rural there, Las Callejuelas, and it rents individual rooms to pilgrims. I had a WhatsApp conversation with them when I was adding the Lana phone numbers to my Whatsapp. They responded quickly to say they are happy to rent individual rooms. Their phone is 34 669 28 60 00

Good luck, @Raymond Aquilina! I heard from @CdnDreamer that you two had met a few days before Cuenca. Hope the Lana is going well for you - I will start, fingers crossed, one week from yesterday!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I will start, fingers crossed, one week from yesterday!

Wow,

Will you post about it live??

And did they tell you the price for the individual room at the Casa rural in Villar de Domingo? If I walk the Lana again I do not want to stay in the albergue: too damp, at least when I have stayed there.

Just got a WhatsApp. Casa Rural Las Callejuelas, 34 669 28 60 00

Individual room is 30 €.

BP — What’s the food situation like there?

30 euros for a Casa rural sounds perfect.

Perhaps the albergue is okay in other seasons, but in summer when I walk (june-july) I can't stand it!

Pepe & Co (Lana aficionados in nearby Villaconejos) told me they had spoken to the mayor asking him to clean it up better. But I didn't think it was dirty, it's the air in there that gets damp.

In Villar de Domingo there is no supermercado, as far as I know. There is food at Bar Goyo and there seems to be a panadería. There was a second cafetería, by the plaza/ayuntamiento, earlier but now I don't see it on Google maps!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi,Raymond, Just for fun, I have also tried calling the ayuntamiento a couple of times but don’t get an answer either. I’m assuming you’ve asked the hospitalero in Cuenca for help?

Maggie’s blog (at magwood.me) says they just went to the Bar Goyo and got the keys.

There is also a Casa Rural there, Las Callejuelas, and it rents individual rooms to pilgrims. I had a WhatsApp conversation with them when I was adding the Lana phone numbers to my Whatsapp. They responded quickly to say they are happy to rent individual rooms. Their phone is 34 669 28 60 00

Good luck, @Raymond Aquilina! I heard from @CdnDreamer that you two had met a few days before Cuenca. Hope the Lana is going well for you - I will start, fingers crossed, one week from yesterday!
Thank you Peregrina foryour answer ...I managed to go to bar Gogo. I phoned a nearby restaurant and they refrrred me there. Unfortunately the Ajuntamento never answer in these areas. The guide book always referes to the Ajuntamento but frequently you get no answer. In my case I managed tomale phone calls at Cuenca Ajuntamento and the seem they do not know what is going on with these small village albergues.
Last evening I arrived at Miabueno and again no answer ..I manged to find a casa rural at Aragosa meaning 4 more kilometers. Was very pleased with this Casa Rural Dulce...run by Antonia and Paul..lovely place for a rest on the Camino.
I arrive at San Domingo de Silos on the 13th. Do you know how to arrange a night at the monastery? I understand they offer lodging to pilgrims.
Thanks fir your constant help,
Ray

Just got a WhatsApp. Casa Rural Las Callejuelas, 34 669 28 60 00

Individual room is 30 €.

BP — What’s the food situation like there?
Hi Peregrina2000,
It's me again. I am planning to stop for one night at Fresno de Caracena. It seems there is an albgergue but getting no answer from ayuntamento. Is there someone else who takes care of the albergue?
Any information can help.
Regards,
Ray

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Peregrina2000,
It's me again. I am planning to stop for one night at Fresno de Caracena. It seems there is an albgergue but getting no answer from ayuntamento. Is there someone else who takes care of the albergue?
Any information can help.
Regards,
Ray
We have been told by several forum members that there is absolutely no place to sleep in Fresno. They used to have a room or something but it is no longer available. I think maybe it was Sitka Pilgrim who told us that. And the former option in Caracena is also unavailable. That leaves a very long stretch unless you stay in the Casa Rural in Tarancueña.

I arrive at San Domingo de Silos on the 13th. Do you know how to arrange a night at the monastery? I understand they offer lodging to pilgrims.
hospedero@abadiadesilos.es
Or
Ph 947 39 00 49 only between 11am and 1pm.

But I think they have a minimum stay of three days. Certainly the Retreat is a minimum stay of three days and needs to be prearranged. I am not sure if they offer casual accommodation to Pilgrims.

I am staying there for six nights in June.

Google Maps shows an Albergue but has no contact information for it. There are a couple of hotels and at least one Casa Rural.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Experience from yesterday at Villar de Domingo Garcia:

Looked in at the albergue but there were already three occupants and looks pretty small for a full house of four. I called in at Bar Goyo before going to the albergue and was offered the key, so I guess that’s the form - just go to Bar Goyo and collect a key.
CR Las Callejuelas at 6 Calle Santo Cristo is excellent value at €30. The section I was in had two separate bedrooms, a nice lounge room, a kitchen and a shared bathroom. All very comfortable.
There is a basic shop attached to the y Repsol service station as you enter the town.
The heatwave is over - it was 4deg leaving VDG this morning.

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back