• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Alpriate -- opening in early March, 2017

peregrina2000

Staff member
I have just heard from Jose Luis of the Via Lusitana that the plan is to open the Alpriate albergue maybe as early as March 1, but no later than March 6. It will depend on how they see the pilgrim traffic from Lisbon in February.

If you look at their facebook page, you will see that they have done a lot of structural repairs to the building this winter. https://www.facebook.com/AlbergueAlpriate/

As many of you know, this is a donativo albergue, run by the Via Lusitana, Lisbon's Camino Association.

I can't remember who it was, but someone asked about late March -- looks like you will definitely be able to stay there. Great stop, nice little village with a bar that serves decent and very inexpensive food.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank You Peregrina 2000 for this notice. I was the one who asked for the opening . We surely are going to stay there at the end of March.

For pilgrims starting out, know that you are likely to meet up with others in Alpriate if you make that your first day from Lisbon. They've been open less than a month (since March 15), and there have been 75 pilgrims! That's pretty amazing if you consider that we're not even in prime walking season yet. Alpriate is a great little albergue, highly recommended.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Agree with Laurie. Highly recommended. And a comfortable distance from Lisbon City

About 10 there a few nights ago when I stopped.
Very hospitable and lots of happy pilgrims starting out from Lisbon.
The low sloping roof of the room single men get allocated to played hell with my arthritic back. Donged my head on the ceiling a few times. Had to crawl about on the floor.
Great company and lots of fun.
Nice handy little restaurant.
All good.
Regards
Gerard

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back