• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue Leo

Forestgirl

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 Frances
2017 Portuguese, Muxia y Fisterra,
Ingles, Primativo
2018 Frances
2019 Norte
I'm currently staying at an Albergue in Villafranco del Briezo. It is such a warm and wonderful feeling to be here. It is family owned and the staff treated me as if I were family. Upon arrival they offered me something to drink and took my backpack upstairs to my bed. Every inch of this place is gorgeous, from the overflowing fresh flowers on the bar to the succulents hanging from the courtyard walls to the spacious accommodations. There is a washer and dryer, lots off hot water for showers, free wifi and a full bar. I have been so happy here. It's very clean, friendly, quiet, lots of privacy, and elegant (never have I used elegant and Albergue together but it's true.). It is by far my most favorite Albergue thus far. I would book ahead as this is sure to fill up fast. Oh ya did I mention it's only 10€.? I would pay twice what they charge. It is truly magnificent.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I stopped in there on a busy day (Easter weekend 2016) and they were full. But it looked wonderful and the hosts were very helpful.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I tried to get into Albergue Leo the previous day and like you, they were full . I knew I needed additionak rest day for some leg pain so I made a reservation for tonight. But last night when I wasn't able to get a bed the woman from Leo Albergue called three other albergues to find me a bed and then she offered to drive me to there because she knew I was in quite bit of pain. The cherry on top..so to speak was when the owner brought me a plate of the best paella from the Sunday family dinner. They have a kitchen for pilgrims to use but they typically don't serve dinners. I just happened to be at the right place and the right time. What a blessing.

I'm currently staying at an Albergue in Villafranco del Briezo. It is such a warm and wonderful feeling to be here. It is family owned and the staff treated me as if I were family. Upon arrival they offered me something to drink and took my backpack upstairs to my bed. Every inch of this place is gorgeous, from the overflowing fresh flowers on the bar to the succulents hanging from the courtyard walls to the spacious accommodations. There is a washer and dryer, lots off hot water for showers, free wifi and a full bar. I have been so happy here. It's very clean, friendly, quiet, lots of privacy, and elegant (never have I used elegant and Albergue together but it's true.). It is by far my most favorite Albergue thus far. I would book ahead as this is sure to fill up fast. Oh ya did I mention it's only 10€.? I would pay twice what they charge. It is truly magnificent.
Ok pay for me...I'll be there is September.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We were there last October. As the weather was really awful, we decided to leave late in the morning; there was no objection. So, we kept on sipping café con leche besides the fireplace, talking with the owners and particularly with the old señor, until the sky more or less cleared up and we left.
Lots of stories about Villafranca, the times where they were young, the feasts and local traditions. It was very pleasant.
And yes, the albergue was nice, well organized, and the bathrooms were shiny and ultramodern, as in a five stars hotel (I feel a bit odd about praising bathrooms, but seasoned pilgrims know why I am doing that) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back