• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Leon

jennysa

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2011,2012 2013,2014, 2015 Aragones 2012, 2017 2018 Via Francigena 2016,2017 Primitivo 2018,2019
Can anyone recommend an albergue in Leon that can be booked in advance?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Leon Hostel. Right around corner from cathedral. More expensive than the “usual” albergue, but SO WORTH IT. I have stayed there twice.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Covent Garden, one of my favorite hostels, directly on Camino as you go through town, across from Gaudis Bontine, close to Cathedral and the host goes above and beyond to make your stay memorable. Great facilities, sheets and towels! full kitchen and massage available on 2nd floor😊

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I stayed at the San Francisco de Asís' hostel. It is right on the Camino, easy walk to Cathedral. I actually spent 6 days there in 2022 because I had Covid. It was a lovely environment to be in during those days when I was basically in bed (private room & bath) for most of my time there. There is a great cafeteria in the building too. It is not a small albergue, but takes reservations, inexpensive, and certainly met my needs.
Buen Camino, @jennysa

I almost forgot. One year I stayed in Albergue Unamuno, which is only open in July and August because the rest of the year it's a university dorm.
In 2017 I paid €20 for a private room with ensuite bath. According to their website it is now €25 for the single private room, and €15 for a bunkbed.

Ok, if you want a break from Albergues as a treat or for whatever reason, I like Hotel Spa Paris. It is smack dab in the middle of the main stretch in old town. With my booking.com genius level infinity I end up paying I think $50-60.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Stayed at Globetrotter in 2022 for 2 nights and did not enjoy it at all, except the location being near the cathedral. Bathrooms were nasty, the loud partying outside and upstairs and the women staying up all night inside, meant very little sleep, plus it was horribly hot and you could not open the windows. Looked great checking in, but I couldn't wait to leave.

Stayed at Check-in last spring. Very nice place with probably the best shower facilities on the Camino. The location though, means you will walk at least 30 min. to get to the Cathedral. Host was friendly and helpful.

Stayed at Globetrotter in 2022 for 2 nights and did not enjoy it at all, except the location being near the cathedral. Bathrooms were nasty, the loud partying outside and upstairs and the women staying up all night inside, meant very little sleep, plus it was horribly hot and you could not open the windows. Looked great checking in, but I couldn't wait to leave.
I must have been lucky when I stayed there in 2019. The bathrooms were very clean, and I don't remember a lot of noise, but I'm pretty good at tuning it out.

I stayed at Palacioreal Hostel (C. la Rúa, 32, 24003 León)
I think a bunk ran me about 15E
It was IIRC an 8-bunk room but we wound up being just 3 of us. (me and 2 19-yo French girls.... our initial meeting still brings a smile to my lips)
Very clean with bathroom facilities in the room.
No more than 10 mins walk to the Cathedral

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Covent Garden, one of my favorite hostels, directly on Camino as you go through town, across from Gaudis Bontine, close to Cathedral and the host goes above and beyond to make your stay memorable. Great facilities, sheets and towels! full kitchen and massage available on 2nd floor😊
I stayed there September for two nights. The host is fantastic, quite eccentric but always full of humour. Highly recommended.

I enjoy staying at Quartier Leon Jabalquinto. Nice establishment and in a great sector of Leon.

Ok, if you want a break from Albergues as a treat or for whatever reason, I like Hotel Spa Paris. It is smack dab in the middle of the main stretch in old town. With my booking.com genius level infinity I end up paying I think $50-60.
Did you check the spa? It is in their name, i wonder how it is.. was thinking maybe it could be a nice idea on the rest day to get a hotel with spa, to go to saunas and whirlpools… anda a massage…

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Did you check the spa? It is in their name, i wonder how it is.. was thinking maybe it could be a nice idea on the rest day to get a hotel with spa, to go to saunas and whirlpools… anda a massage…
I've never been to the spa part... make sure you check your day of the week arriving because I don't think it is open everyday.... does sound good tho...

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back