• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue list from Almeria to Granada

Yooper B

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, April 2014
VDLP, April 2015
Camino Mozarabe, April 2018
Portuguese, April 2018
Greetings! My husband and I have done three different Caminos including the Mozarabe from Granada. My husband wants to do the leg from Almeria to Granada in 2020 before doing the Primitivo right after. I’m looking for a list of albergues with phone numbers for that portion. We prefer to stay in municipals, etc rather than casa rurals. Does anyone know if they have a list at the Camino office in Almeria or elsewhere. Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Greetings! My husband and I have done three different Caminos including the Mozarabe from Granada. My husband wants to do the leg from Almeria to Granada in 2020 before doing the Primitivo right after. I’m looking for a list of albergues with phone numbers for that portion. We prefer to stay in municipals, etc rather than casa rurals. Does anyone know if they have a list at the Camino office in Almeria or elsewhere. Thanks!

I don't know if they have a list, but there's one on the internet, on a andalucian Camino website:

Although it's in Spanish, it's easy enough to understand. Scroll a bit down on this page and you'll find a list of various accomodations from Almería to Granada.

I hope this'll help.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi you can watch this link:"caminosantiagoandalucia.org" you should download the guide. The guys of this association are very friendly.
Have a nice walk

I don't know if they have a list, but there's one on the internet, on a andalucian Camino website:

Although it's in Spanish, it's easy enough to understand. Scroll a bit down on this page and you'll find a list of various accomodations from Almería to Granada.

I hope this'll help.

Wow,

That is a very structured and easy-to-find list of albergues! They must recently have improved their entire homepage, because it looks really good, or am I just slow on these things?

Although when it comes to maps, they are only second best IMO. The maps that are updated monthly (more or less) are better!

/BP

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
That is a very structured and easy-to-find list of albergues! They must recently have improved their entire homepage, because it looks really good, or am I just slow on these things?
You're not slow. That's the website of the Andalusian federation of amigos of the Camino. You might be comparing it with the Almeria association website. I agree that the federation's site looks more polished (as long as I'm using Chrome - It's glitchy with Safari). But in terms of up-to-date information, I agree that the federation is "second best."

For example - The list on the website of the Andalusian federation of amigos of the Camino doesn't include the albergue that the Almeria association opened in Tocon de Quentar earlier this year and the private albergue at Bar Central in Nacimiento, which has joined the network of pilgrim accommodations. I think some of the other information (e.g. phone numbers) is also out of date. That's just a fact of life when sites are manually updated.

The PDF that you can download from Almeria association site (or from their Facebook page "Camino Mozarabe de Santiago de Almeria a Granada") is the best source for up-to-date information on pilgrim accommodation from Almeria to Granada, because it's regularly updated by the people who manage the network of accommodations:
http://almeriajacobea.es

In my experience, the Almeria association's PDF is also pretty good source of information for accommodations after Granada, even though the Almeria association isn't responsible for that territory. That's because so many pilgrims use it and they get in touch with the Almeria association when they find mistakes. The association makes corrections in its monthly updates.

The associations in Andalusia are forming stronger relationships. Who knows what will emerge in the future. I'd love them to find an efficient way to share data on albergues so that websites, apps, and guides, can feed from a single repository of up-to-date information at some point, but I don't think that's their top priority today.

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope this'll help.
Thanks André. I put it in my file.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back