• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue San Miguel, the painting albergue, is on sale for personal reasons!

arturo garcia

Pilgrim/Hospitalero/Mountain guide/Photographer
Time of past OR future Camino
French way (Dic. 2012), Portuguese way (Dic.2013) and now living on the Camino.
After 20 years of successful activity of this unique albergue, a place that introduced new standards for private albergues in the camino and after having almost every season renovations and improvements, we are selling our special sanctuary. Please contact alberguesanmiguel@gmail.com for more information. Individuals or pilgrim confraternities are welcome to continue our heritage and good work for the pilgrims on the french way. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It looks like an amazing, beautiful albergue with bright colors and a collage of unique paintings, and I wish I'd known and had the opportunity to stay back in 2015 or '17.
I hope your reasons for selling are positive ones for you. All the best and good luck in any endeavor you pursue.

Arturo, I stayed in your Albergue in 2022 and also in your sons property in Leon. It’s a wonderful albergue and extraordinarily comfortable and beautiful. And you and your wife were lovely. Best of luck on whatever the future holds for you.

This would be a great choice for someone who is looking to buy one. Also, I think it’s just a short distance from Leon if you need a big city nearby.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Arturo, I stayed in your Albergue in 2022 and also in your sons property in Leon. It’s a wonderful albergue and extraordinarily comfortable and beautiful. And you and your wife were lovely. Best of luck on whatever the future holds for you.

This would be a great choice for someone who is looking to buy one. Also, I think it’s just a short distance from Leon if you need a big city nearby.
Warm hugs Stephan! Thanks! Buen Camino!

I stayed there in October 2021 and loved it! If I can put in a plug for anyone considering the purchase, it felt solidly built, great location, nice size and layout. Remember the 11 year old from Alaska who was painting that day? Best wishes!

I stayed this September and loved it! In between a very warm welcome from Arturo and his wife, and a goodbye hug to send me on my way, I really enjoyed the beautiful paintings done by current and past pilgrims. Nice facilities with a lovely outdoor patio. Arturo, I have informed Canadian Company of Pilgrims of the sale opportunity, so someone may be in touch. We make up a tiny portion of pilgrims on the way, so not sure how likely this is to happen, but whoever follows in your footsteps will have some big shoes to fill!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I stayed in june 2014 in your albergue! I had a wonderful time in the village and a good night sleep. And forgot to thank you for that!🤭
I wish you all the best! 🤗🤗

I stayed in june 2014 in your albergue! I had a wonderful time in the village and a good night sleep. And forgot to thank you for that!🤭
I wish you all the best! 🤗🤗
It's never too late to say thanks! In the winter of 2015 we did a whole renovation of the rooms and showers and toilets! We also add lockers and more space between beds! Hugs Nico! We also send back many thanks to you! Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
After 20 years of successful activity of this unique albergue, a place that introduced new standards for private albergues in the camino and after having almost every season renovations and improvements, we are selling our special sanctuary. Please contact alberguesanmiguel@gmail.com for more information. Individuals or pilgrim confraternities are welcome to continue our heritage and good work for the pilgrims on the french way. Buen Camino!

We also stayed there in May 2017..... most enjoyable especially the breakfast. Wishing you all the best for the future! Roger and Barbara

17004468615013942374175702691090.jpg

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.