A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Albergue Tomas

Black and the Red

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
French way (June 2018) with Finisterra. Camino Dragonte being considered en route.
Hi guys. Is the albergue at Manjarin still going? Will be passing through there in a week. Cheers

Advertisment

Tincatinker

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
Some are welcomed at Manjarin and love it; some find it a less than welcoming place. Manjarin never changes, it just is. In thick fog, or when the snow is blowing sideways, and Tomas is banging that bell then the welcome can feel as good as the welcome at 'the last homely house east of the sea'. On a sunny summers day when the 'tourists' are jumping out of their buses to get 'that' photo and Tomas blocks the doorway with his sword...well, maybe its another place.
There was a time when 'no servicios'; 'no agua caliente'; 'con asilo' would have done but those days are passing. Nevertheless I hope that Manjarin will be there for those that need it for a while yet.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Honestly, I was there today and got the worst vibe. I would not stay there. But maybe that is just me :)
Tomas is an "interesting" guy. I have met him 3 times and each time his affect is different. Celine, you would not be the first to have had this feeling. I have never had a bad issue there.

Advertisment

We stopped there in 2017 and had an interesting conversation with him(in sp.)
But it’s a little too bohemian for us. Always love coming up on it and seeing all the signs and STUFF!!!
Bein Camino

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
Tomas is an "interesting" guy. I have met him 3 times and each time his affect is different. Celine, you would not be the first to have had this feeling. I have never had a bad issue there.
I have read several threads regarding this place! We passed by it twice in very bad weather conditions..both snow and high winds...I would rather face the elements outside!

C clearly

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
I would rather face the elements outside!
My first time, I got to Manjarin quite miserable after being caught in worsening rain and sleet on the walk from Foncebadon. (It was only my second day on the camino, and I hadn't learned layering and how to anticipate bad conditions.) I was SOOOO glad to find warm shelter :). After a hot tea, warming up and rearranging all my layers, I decided I was able to walk on to Acebo for more luxurious accommodation. However, I really was grateful for having that shelter from the elements when I needed it.

Most read today

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • June