• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues On Camino Sureste/levante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sissel Zafira

Time of past OR future Camino
France august and september 2016
Portuguese march and april 2017
Will start walking the camino Sureste 26th of April. Does anyone know if its possible to find albergues in:
- Petrola
- Chinchilla
- Albacete
- La Gineta
- La Roda
- Minaya
- El Provencio
- Las Mesas
- El Toboso
- La Villa de D. Fadrique
- Tembleque
- Villanueva de Bogas
- Almoncid de Toledo
- Toledo

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Will start walking the camino Sureste 26th of April. Does anyone know if its possible to find albergues in:
- Petrola
- Chinchilla
- Albacete
- La Gineta
- La Roda
- Minaya
- El Provencio
- Las Mesas
- El Toboso
- Tembleque
- Villanueva de Bogas
- Almoncid de Toledo
- Toledo
Hola,

I only walked Levante so I can only give comments about albergues on this route but Levante and Sureste overlapse on many stretches. Check out these links for itinerary, profiles, albergues and other infrastructure:
http://www.mundicamino.com/los-caminos/57/camino-del-sureste/
http://www.mundicamino.com/los-caminos/42/camino-de-levante/

Otherwise:
- Petrola: it's on Sureste and I wouldn't know
- Chinchilla: I slept in Hostal El Penon on the main street to Albacete, old town is on the hill,
- Albacete: I think the name of the pension was Victoria, no albergue there,
- La Gineta: "albergue" in polideportivo, two gym mats in changing room, showers, toilets, wash basins,
- La Roda: albergue in infirmary in bull fighting arena,
- Minaya: I don't remember albergue being there,
- El Provencio: Sureste...
- Las Mesas: Sureste...
- El Toboso: two albergues, one turistico and one parrochial,
- La Villa de D. Fadrique: no albergue
- Tembleque: same
- Villanueva de Bogas: Sureste...
- Almoncid de Toledo: "albergue" in communal swimming pool changing room,
- Toledo: two albergues, both turistico, Los Pascuales is in the center, nice.

I can provide more info but need a day or two because I just moved from an apartment to our family house and have all my stuff in tens of boxes :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I got a list of accomodation with the guide but it is some years ago.
Petrola: Albergue parroquial, Plaza Mayor, 7, call one day ahead to párroco Paco Sevilla, tel. 967.28.61.20
Chinchilla: seems to be both a parroquial , call DSebastian,967260039, and a municipal , contact Policia LOCAL967.260.001-3 or 619.283.959
Albacete: Ingen
LaGineta: Albergue parroquial tel. 967.275.022
and as KinkyOne said- a municipal in polidepotivo as well.
El Provencio:municial i polidepotivo, ask at Ayuntamiento, tel. 967.165.381 , el conserje Manolo, tel 626.719.493
Las Mesas: possibleacogida parroquial, tel 967.155.022, D.José,tel 626.175.521
Villanueva De Bogas: Municipal in Centro Cultural

Kinkyone, do you have the tlf number to: Almoncid de Toledo: "albergue" in communal swimming pool changing room

There is an albergue in Petrola where I will stay tonight, but I have read somewhere that it has only cold water and that there is no shower. I'll try to report back later.

Note: the albergues in Orito and in Montealegre are exceptional. Villegas is nice too but a bit small for three.

Everywhere people are gracious and welcoming.

James

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
If you look at my ‘Live’ thread there is a link to my spreadsheet and one in Spanish. Both list all of the known Albergues.

Kinkyone, do you have the tlf number to: Almoncid de Toledo: "albergue" in communal swimming pool changing room
I do, just have to find my notes in all of the boxes because I recently moved from place A to place B ;)
As I see I still have about two weeks before your departure.

I think the phone number is 925314001 but I know its got some pretty poor reviews recently!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Hi Sissel,

This "albergue" is very basic. You should consider some rearrangements of the stages in order to avoid it. I would suggest that you push on to Toledo, if possible.

/BP

- Petrola
- Chinchilla
- Albacete
- La Gineta
- La Roda
- Minaya
- El Provencio
- Las Mesas
- El Toboso
- Tembleque
- Villanueva de Bogas
- Almoncid de Toledo
- Toledo

Hi ,

I will paste Kinky 1's response here and see if I can be helpful:

- Petrola: it's on Sureste and I wouldn't know. There is an albergue, quite basic but ok. Only problem: No showers. In summer, you can go to the piscina to have a shower (when using the facility) but since this is spring you won't be able to do that.
- Chinchilla: I slept in Hostal El Penon on the main street to Albacete, old town is on the hill, There is another hostal next to that one, by the road.
- Albacete: I think the name of the pension was Victoria, no albergue there,
- La Gineta: "albergue" in polideportivo, two gym mats in changing room, showers, toilets, wash basins,
- La Roda: albergue in infirmary in bull fighting arena,
- Minaya: I don't remember albergue being there, Yes, there is one in the Restaurante Antolin, but with another name.
- El Provencio: Sureste... Albergue in Polideportivo, very helpful hospitalero. A fridge was available, rare in a polideportivo!
- Las Mesas: Sureste... There is supposed to be an albergue but I didn't stay there.
- El Toboso: two albergues, one turistico and one parrochial,
- La Villa de D. Fadrique: no albergue. But you can stay in El Rincón del Infante, the house of a hospitalero of the Asociación. 20-25 euros.
- Tembleque: same
- Villanueva de Bogas: Sureste... Horrible albergue in a garage. Consider walking through Mora on the Levante instead.
- Almoncid de Toledo: "albergue" in communal swimming pool changing room, Very basic. Can you push on to Toledo?
- Toledo: two albergues, both turistico, Los Pascuales is in the center, nice.

/BP

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is an albergue in Petrola where I will stay tonight, but I have read somewhere that it has only cold water and that there is no shower. I'll try to report back later.

Note: the albergues in Orito and in Montealegre are exceptional. Villegas is nice too but a bit small for three.

Everywhere people are gracious and welcoming.

James

It is true that the albergue in Petrola has no shower or hot water. It is in a storage/work room attached to the church and is clean, though somewhat cluttered, but you will need to settle for a cold-water wash cloth cleansing.

If you start in Alicante, The Asociacion de amigos del camino de Santiago en Alicante,c/Serrano, 5. (lokale i en av de øvre etasjene, ringeapparat ved ytterdør nede) have a A4 guidebook which also name hostels and albergues along camino del sureste. They are not open every day, tlf. 965926623
www.encaminodesdealicante.org
email: peregrinos@encaminodesdealicante.org
Ranthr...thank you for this infomation..very useful. Did you wait until you visited Alicante to pick up your guidebook from the Association, or purchase in advance. I did send an email to the Association a few weeks ago inquiring whether I could purchase a guidebook. To date...no response. Thanks again for your guidance! Buen Camino.

Ranthr...thank you for this infomation..very useful. Did you wait until you visited Alicante to pick up your guidebook from the Association, or purchase in advance. I did send an email to the Association a few weeks ago inquiring whether I could purchase a guidebook. To date...no response. Thanks again for your guidance! Buen Camino.
Well, this is many years ago. I stayed some weeks in the reagion and visited their office to get the guidebook in case I once wanted to walk. Both phonenumber and mail may have changed.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The Association stopped printing a paper version years ago, but it‘s all now online and updated regularly. You can see it in both English and Castellano.

Their book shop shows that you can still buy the “new” 2013 version of the guidebook and some of the map sets, but I really think you should stick with what’s online.

Go to their homepage and click on Way of Levante, and you will get detailed info for all stages. It’s an amazing resource.

Well, this is many years ago. I stayed some weeks in the reagion and visited their office to get the guidebook in case I once wanted to walk. Both phonenumber and mail may have changed.
Thank you ranthr. I'll ping them again and see how it goes. Appreciate your response!

The Association stopped printing a paper version years ago, but it‘s all now online and updated regularly. You can see it in both English and Castellano.

Their book shop shows that you can still buy the “new” 2013 version of the guidebook and some of the map sets, but I really think you should stick with what’s online.

Go to their homepage and click on Way of Levante, and you will get detailed info for all stages. It’s an amazing resource.

Oh ok..I understand. I'll head to their web site. Thanks for the guidance!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.