A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Albergues open in the winter on Camino frances!

2020 Camino Guides

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Frances (2018)
Camino Ingles (2019)
There is also a list of albergues in the 'Resources' section available as a downloadable PDF that was posted by SYates. It doesn't list specific dates, but it states whether or not an albergue is open year around or not. Those which close during Winter tend to do so sometime in October and re-open in the Spring.

LTfit

Veteran Member
And may I add three things:

1) the list is kept up to date with changes

2) it is not always complete (only those albergues that supply the information to the administrators of the website are included)

3) call ahead of time to be sure

This is based on my experience walking last December/January and my meeting with one of the administrators of the website this past October.

Lisakline

Camino(s) past & future
I am walking in March and April of 2019.
Hello everyone! I’m currently doing the Camino and here is a list of all those that are open in winter time with their closing dates (a lot for Christmas). It’s on the aprinca website. Here is the link!

http://www.aprinca.com/alberguesinvierno/

Buen Camino!! Y Feliz Navidad!
Thank you, i am starting in february, appreciate it!

Camino(s) past & future
None
And may I add three things:

1) the list is kept up to date with changes

2) it is not always complete (only those albergues that supply the information to the administrators of the website are included)

3) call ahead of time to be sure

This is based on my experience walking last December/January and my meeting with one of the administrators of the website this past October.
Definitely call! On the Camino Frances now...

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
There is also a list of albergues in the 'Resources' section available as a downloadable PDF that was posted by SYates. It doesn't list specific dates, but it states whether or not an albergue is open year around or not. Those which close during Winter tend to do so sometime in October and re-open in the Spring.
The aprinca website linked above is more accurate ;-) but yes, always call ahead, especially if you are planning to end the day in a small place without any other options ...

BC SY

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 48 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%