• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues that have massage therapists?

Jensjaunt

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept Oct - Camino Francis
Hello- I am doing the Camino Francis and would like to hear from recent walkers what Albergues they found that offered some massage or physio services? I have read somewhere that some do so would like to plan for shorter days so I could use this service every week if possible along the way! Trying to keep my 64yr old joints going strong! Many thanks for any tips, or names and locations of practitioners you found helpful! - am starting at SJPD! Jen

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The municipal albergue in los Arcos (albergue Isaac Santiago) has one coming in. At least that was still the case last year. You could book an appointment when you checked in.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is a massage therapist who sets up in the late afternoons at the municipal albergue in Reliegos. (Or, there was this past April!)

Hello- I am doing the Camino Francis and would like to hear from recent walkers what Albergues they found that offered some massage or physio services? I have read somewhere that some do so would like to plan for shorter days so I could use this service every week if possible along the way! Trying to keep my 64yr old joints going strong! Many thanks for any tips, or names and locations of practitioners you found helpful! - am starting at SJPD! Jen
I had a very good leg and foot massage from Sebastián in Albergue Jakue in Puente de Reina. He was very professional. It cost e30 and was well worth it,

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Back in 2016, the large albergue at the entrance to Astorga had a massage clinic you could sign up for. There was a podiatry clinic as well. I don't know if they still offer those services.

Try Albergue/Pension Santa Brigida in Hontanas. They have a massage spa and probably a therapist. Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Both Bruno & his wife, the hospitaleros in the Italian Albergue San Bruno, Moratinos, are qualified massage therapists.
Absolutely rejuvenating! The Camino provided perfectly!!!!
( They are great chefs, too!)

Thank you everyone for the tips! It’s helping me consider/plan where to possibly stay! It’s good to hear it’s not just the large centres that have the physio and massage services. In just about6 weeks I will be starting my 1st Camino!

Albergue Estrella Guia in Puerta la Reigna has a private masseuse they work with and can arrange a session for you.
Unfortunately the name of albergue escapes me but it's the one in Villafranca Montes de Oca- all private rooms.
The owner Christina is a certified masseuse

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Have been walking my first Camino and loving it, until coming down with a nasty cold in Puente La Reina, with a bad headache, sore throat, deep chest congestion and developing cough. The...
I am a CPAP user, and would need to bring my machine as I need it at night during the Camino. I have a regular size Resmed (without the water chamber). My plan is - to pack it in the CPAP...
I am due to commence my Camino next Sunday, (Sarria to Santiago), but a month ago developed my first ever case of plantar fasciitis. I have consulted with a podiatrist and diligently performed the...
3 days ago, I developed a horrible shinsplint where I was barely walking--KT helped a little to get me through the day. So, I took a rest day and booked a nearby PT in pontevedra. Anna was able...
Hi all, just a quickie. My friend is near Burgos and needs a chairopractor to give his back a click 😳 Apparently he has it done when home in Canada (it straightens the spine )but doesn't know if...
I was walking the Via the la Plata. After about 10 days I developed first signs of a blister. I put a plaster on it. When arriving in Valdesalor I saw that the blister was "open" I am a diabetic...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.