• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alternative Camino

Mumalby

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino (2018)
As I await my third spinal surgery in 6 months, I am considering a shorter and hopefully achievable Camino. Camino Frances is my dream (from St Jean) but may well be years away for me in reality. Is the Porto to Santiago de Compestella acievable in perhaps 10-15km per day with adequate accommodation? If I am unable to carry a pack at all, is there transport? What time of the year is best for this route?
Thanks for your wisdom in assisting me to achieve this in 2018.
Alby

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Good luck with the surgery.

Accommodation is pretty regular on the Camino Portugues if you include hotels and pensions. Brierley publishes a pretty good guide, as does the Confraternity. There is transport; check other threads in the Forum for more information (you have over a year to find elusive threads!). Weather is rarely severe along the route in spring and fall, and even winter, so pick your time. Summer can be hot. Bom caminho. :)

http://caminofacil.net/en/

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good luck with the surgery.

Accommodation is pretty regular on the Camino Portugues if you include hotels and pensions. Brierley publishes a pretty good guide, as does the Confraternity. There is transport; check other threads in the Forum for more information (you have over a year to find elusive threads!). Weather is rarely severe along the route in spring and fall, and even winter, so pick your time. Summer can be hot. Bom caminho. :)

http://caminofacil.net/en/

Thanks for this. All my focus was for a different Camino but I think this may be achievable by 2018.

I am planning to walk this route in April 2018 with my wife who has limited walking ability. It loosk as if most do it in 11 days and we are budgeting 15 days and no problem if it takes a little longer. There is a video on Amazon called "Life in a Walk" shot on this route that will give you some idea of the terrain, and more than a few laughs, especially if you have a father or son that you'd think of having joining you.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018P7WY9Y/?tag=casaivar02-20

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As I await my third spinal surgery in 6 months, I am considering a shorter and hopefully achievable Camino. Camino Frances is my dream (from St Jean) but may well be years away for me in reality. Is the Porto to Santiago de Compestella acievable in perhaps 10-15km per day with adequate accommodation? If I am unable to carry a pack at all, is there transport? What time of the year is best for this route?
Thanks for your wisdom in assisting me to achieve this in 2018.
Alby

You can organise transport before you go. Contact Wyktoria at Camino Travel center. Check their website. I have used them for both Camino Frances and Portugues. Very Good.
I hope your surgery goes well. Porto to Santiago de Compostela is a very worthwhile experience. Bom Camino

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...
Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back