Well said. My wife and I have been on the same rollercoaster for the past year. We were originally set to depart for Porto early May of last year. We don't want to begin our Camino, and the rest of our extended stay, only to be stopped mid step by regional closures. We also don't want to have to navigate new and changing rules for places to rest our heads and feet. We have a new plan that has us departing next April. this should allow things to settle down. With new rules in place, tested and stable, as well as letting the Camino infrastructure and people to get back to some level of the new normal before we start on our trek.Well... Summer is sort of 'too far' for my plans (although if technically I was aiming to start last week of May - it somewhat could've worked).... I have firmly resolved that I cannot play this emotional game of "maybe yes maybe no)
Much as it saddens me - after 2 years of preparations and hoping and waiting... and Wishin' and thinkin' and prayin' (or something like that ) I have officially pushed it for another year
Here is to goodbye of my old countdown
View attachment 98767
and the new one was properly edited in my signature
May we ALL be BLESSED with fully putting this horrible petulance behind us by then (if not earlier of course)!
We will use the time between now and then to complete our planning, possibly adding an additional leg to Finisterre, and relish in the excitement of the trip coming rather than the worry of a changing situation.
Patience is a virtue.