• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any Canadians? Starting from sjpdp Sept 07.

terryenroute

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances '13, VDLP '16, Salamanca to Santiago/Finesterra/Muxia '17, Madrid/San Salvador '19.
Hi;

I'm Terry from St. Thomas Ontario. Looking at being in SJPDP on Sept 07 2012. Can't wait to get on the trail.

Bien camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Re: Any Canadians? Starting from sjpdp Sept 03.

Some Canadians-- plenty of Aussies..... sooo I have heard :D

Will be there myself 18th Sept. Buen camino

Annies

Any Canadians? Starting from sjpdp Sept 03.

Enjoy Terry, I will be a few days behind you but I, too, an from Canada. BC now but originally from ON.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Any Canadians? Starting from sjpdp Sept 03.

Hi Terry,
Looking to leave St. Catharines, Ontario for YYZ on September 8. Will be some days behind you, but who knows?
Wishing you well.
~Penny

Hey, we're heading out from SJPP on Sept 18 from BC, sure there will be a few Canucks!!

Hi Terry,

We start our pilgrimage from SJPP on Aug 30th. Hoping to meet many Canadians and other nationalities along the way. Perhaps we will connect.

Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

OK. Looks like there will be a canuk representation, but maybe outnumbered by Aussie's.
I wonder if they walk it backwards? ;)

Hi Terry,

I depart YYZ on Sept 2, flying into Biarritz on the third, departing SJPP on Sept 5 so i am sure we will meet somewhere along the way.My plan is to finish by Oct 8, make my way back to Paris and fly back to Toronto on the 11th!!!Just in time for Thanksgiving!I just booked my ticket today and i am travelling alone...it is sinking in,.I am really going to do this!!

Hey Steph; Sounds like my exact same flight and plan. Will probably run into you.

Terry

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Hi, I am planning to walk out of SJPP on Sept 8 2013, and based on my experience on my first Camino in 2009, you will come across lots of Canadians during your walk. Just look for the Tilley hats! Have a great walk, eh? :)

You might meet some South Africans as well. I am starting from SJPdP on the 4Sept 13.Sure we will meet some where along the way.We not so bad!!!

Hi All, I am a Canuck exiled in Essex UK. My wife and I arrive in SJPDP on the 18th September & will start our Camino on the 19th aiming to to get to Logrono in about 7 days. Hope to see some of you guys on the way.
Buen Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Hi Terry,

I just got back from the camino (finished July 13), but hey! I lived in St. Thomas for about seven years during my adolescence. How funny to see someone from there on this forum!

Have a fantastic walk...I'm currently grappling with the reality of being back.

Cheers!

terryvinet said:
OK. Looks like there will be a canuk representation, but maybe outnumbered by Aussie's.
I wonder if they walk it backwards? ;)

oh now Terry tsk tsk...... Aussies are ALWAYS ahead of the pack... :)... after all while you are sleeping we are still awake here :).... I love the Canucks.... isn't that the name of an ice hockey team ???? .... I was in Canada many moons ago ... enjoyed the ice hockey :)

Annie

Just booked my flight!! Will be in SJPDP night of Sept 6. Walking to Orrison Sept 7 .

Just a note, Sept 19 and Oct 19 will be full moon nights. Anyone up for night walking? Or would it be better with no moon and stars??? Just a thought!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

terryvinet said:
Just booked my flight!! Will be in SJPDP night of Sept 6. Walking to Orrison Sept 7 .
Another Aussie! I will be leaving Roncesvalles on September 8th so may well bump into you Mary

terryvinet said:
Sept 19 and Oct 19 will be full moon nights
One of my most enduring memories is Moonrise over Orisson
Buen Camino

Hi there, I'll be behind you by a day (over-nighting in St. Jean on the 7th and in Orisson on the 8th). Here's wishing you all good things as you prepare for your departure. Sending you greetings from Comox (Vancouver Island). Joan

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Looking forward to Full Moon... Full Spirit... Full excitement :) September Orrison 18th :) all going well :lol:
Annie

Hi there, I'll be behind you by a day (over-nighting in St. Jean on the 7th and in Orisson on the 8th). Here's wishing you all good things as you prepare for your departure. Sending you greetings from Comox (Vancouver Island). Joan
Hi Joan, as a former Courtenay boy I return your greetings! I am walking out of SJPP on the 8th Sept., no doubt see you on the trail.
Alan ( Jerry) Peterson

See you there!

I like the saying that appears under your name. A variation on that theme has become a mantra for me ... even as I walk around the house thinking of those first two days especially. Joan, I keep telling myself: Step at a time ... just keep thinking a step at a time. :)

Safe travels.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back