A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Anybody on Del Norte Nov-Feb

Gwaihir

Camino(s) past & future
Past: Nijmegen (Holland) to Fisterra, July-November 2019.

Future: Te Araroa, NZ
Hi Peregrin@s,

I found an old thread from 2013 or so for people who were walking on del Norte from late autumn to spring, but I can't find any for this year.

After trying the Francés from SJPDP to Puente de Reina, I think I'm heading to San Sebastián and sticking to my original plan (despite scary warnings...).

Just wondering if any of you will also walk that way in November or other winter/spring months.

Buen Camino

hielienie

Camino(s) past & future
April 2020: Del Norte: Irun -> Santiago
April 2017: SJPDP -> Santiago -> Muxia -> Finisterre
Hi Gwaihir - I'll be walking Del Norte from the middle of April. Interested in what the "scary warnings" entailed ;)

Gwaihir

Camino(s) past & future
Past: Nijmegen (Holland) to Fisterra, July-November 2019.

Future: Te Araroa, NZ
Hey Hielienie.

I took the bus to San Sebastian today. I'm starting to think their warnings were nonsense. In my mind, Del Norte was this awful place where it's always raining. I also thought there were next to no pelgrims and zero facilities.

And now I'm here on the beach, all day has been excellent weather and the forecast is good. A church guy told me that they're getting "a few" pelgrims per day.

That's much more than I expected (a few pelgrims per month). I don't know about the albergues because I haven't started yet, but I did Via Alvernha in the Massif Central and that one was undoubtedly much worse.

So for anyone having doubts, just check it out and decide for yourself.

hielienie

Camino(s) past & future
April 2020: Del Norte: Irun -> Santiago
April 2017: SJPDP -> Santiago -> Muxia -> Finisterre
Hey Hielienie.

I took the bus to San Sebastian today. I'm starting to think their warnings were nonsense. In my mind, Del Norte was this awful place where it's always raining. I also thought there were next to no pelgrims and zero facilities.

And now I'm here on the beach, all day has been excellent weather and the forecast is good. A church guy told me that they're getting "a few" pelgrims per day.

That's much more than I expected (a few pelgrims per month). I don't know about the albergues because I haven't started yet, but I did Via Alvernha in the Massif Central and that one was undoubtedly much worse.

So for anyone having doubts, just check it out and decide for yourself.
That sounds amazing! May the rest of your Camino also bring great weather and peaceful days. I will keep a lookout for any updates on your walk

Heikki

Camino(s) past & future
Burgos to Santiago 2008, Madrid to Sáhagun 2012, Primitivo 2012, VdlP 2014, Camino del Norte 2020
Hi !
Now it seems that me and my friend Kari (he is a man) start our camino from Irun 02.02.2020. I tried it last year with my wife but we had to abort it due to illness. This time we’ll make it. Anyone walking next February-March?
Buen camino!
Heikki

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock