Anyone doing the Camino in June??

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hey,

I am hoping to walk 3 weeks of the Camino in June, would love it if someone else was going around that time to walk with them. I will be starting in SJPDP. I haven't booked anything and am very flexible with dates.

If anyone wants to let me know what their plans are....

Clodagh
Hi Clodagh

I am walking for a week (only spare time I have) starting 5th July in Sarria. I wish you a buen (and safe) camino

Olivares

Veteran Member
Jul 12, 2011
USA
Time of past OR future Camino
May 1997 (Leon to Santiago); Sections Camino Frances: May 2011, May 2012, May 2013, October 2013, June-July 2014 (Sahagun to Santiago).
I am starting in 29 June from Sahagun-- limited by time responsibilities at home, but take what I can :).

Clodagh, check the Camino Calendar link at the very end of this page and register your pilgrimage!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

BallVice

Jun 12, 2012
Walked the Camino June 2012. Going to walk it again June 2014 with my daughter.
My daughter and I are starting on the 5th of June - we arrive Bordeaux by plane and SJPDP by train (hopefully in time to hit the pilgram's office and get new Passports).

We are starting off on the 5th for Pamplona. We fly back from Madrid on the 23rd - so we have LESS than three weeks and are thinking we are going to rent Bikes in Pamplona for 8 days and accelerate forward - so we get the FULL Camino in - without the view from the window of a City bus.

I got this Epiphany last night - and I hope it works out as planned :)

Frank and Katie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
My daughter and I are starting on the 5th of June - we arrive Bordeaux by plane and SJPDP by train (hopefully in time to hit the pilgram's office and get new Passports).

We are starting off on the 5th for Pamplona. We fly back from Madrid on the 23rd - so we have LESS than three weeks and are thinking we are going to rent Bikes in Pamplona for 8 days and accelerate forward - so we get the FULL Camino in - without the view from the window of a City bus.

I got this Epiphany last night - and I hope it works out as planned :)

Frank and Katie
Hi, F & K,

I'm not a cyclist myself, but if you are opting for easiest and fastest stretch on a bike I'm sure that would be mostly flat Meseta from Burgos to Leon. You can see the profiles (spanish = perfil) of the terrain here:
http://www.gronze.com/camino-de-santiago/caminos/guia-del-camino-frances
http://mundicamino.com/rutas.cfm?id=15
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/los-caminos-de-santiago/frances/

Ultreia!

Reactions: BallVice

Issy T

Apr 27, 2014
I will be leaving Australia on the 26th May for Barcelona and will start the walk from Roncesvalles on the29th may.
I am leaving Roncesvalles on the 29th May and spending 2nights in Espinal. I will start the walk in ernest on the 31st May. I have 5 weeks but will take an easy pace and hope to meet people to walk with. I have to be in Santiago by the 5th July

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Nadski

Nov 8, 2012
Plan to walk (2014)
Looking forward to meeting up with other forum members. The excitement is beginning to take hold now. My forum patch is already on my lime green AARN pack so I should be easy to spot.
Our first night will be in Orisson and we plan to take it nice and steady to ease into our walk rather than try to break any records.

Issy T

Apr 27, 2014
I will be leaving Australia on the 26th May for Barcelona and will start the walk from Roncesvalles on the29th may.
I
Looking forward to meeting up with other forum members. The excitement is beginning to take hold now. My forum patch is already on my lime green AARN pack so I should be easy to spot.
Our first night will be in Orisson and we plan to take it nice and steady to ease into our walk rather than try to break any records.
I will be a couple of days ahead of you and also taking it slowly but hopefully i might meet up with you. I am from Melbourne

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Nadski

Nov 8, 2012
Plan to walk (2014)
Hi Izzy, I am from Gippsland and Jennifer is from Bendigo. How long have you given yourself to complete your walk?
Look forwArd to a possible meeting. The days are just flying by with the 28th May our flight day to Paris.

Issy T

Apr 27, 2014
Hi Izzy, I am from Gippsland and Jennifer is from Bendigo. How long have you given yourself to complete your walk?
Look forwArd to a possible meeting. The days are just flying by with the 28th May our flight day to Paris.
Hi Nadski, I am leaving Melbourne for Barcelona on the 26th. I will arrive in Roncesvalles on the 28th. I have about 38days. Need to be in Santiago by the 4th July. I live in Preston. How long do you have? I am quite excited of the prospect of meeting other Aussies on the trip as well as meeting people from all over the world. I will be walking reasonable slowly to start so hopefully we will get to meet.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Kanga

Veteran Member
Jun 2, 2005
Sydney, Australia
www.jillhill.com.au
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo

You must have one of the new packs. I'm envious, I've been eyeing them off. Will be interested to hear how you find it. Don't hesitate to adjust things - it takes a bit to get these packs "ah...perfect"!

Dubhlin

May 12, 2014
Plan on walking the Camino on the 4th.of June 2014
Hey,

I am hoping to walk 3 weeks of the Camino in June, would love it if someone else was going around that time to walk with them. I will be starting in SJPDP. I haven't booked anything and am very flexible with dates.

Clodagh
I will be arriving in SJPDP.on the 4th. of June . Ihave not booked accomodation ,"should I"or have I left it to late

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

celtictrekker

Apr 17, 2014
Ireland
Sarria-Santiago Aug 2013.
Start SJPdP June 1st 2014
Hey,

Clodagh
Hi Clodagh I start SJPdP June 1st. The only plan i've made is my flight home July 10th.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I would love to do the camino in June good preparation for my cycling later in the year, I can travel anytime so if anyone wants to arrange to meet and walk and make friends.

Sent from my iPad using Camino de Santiago Forum
Hi, Carolann,

Maybe it's best to check so-called Camino Calendar (just click Events in top row of the main page) and get in contact with the person/s starting around the date you want/can start.
If that won't work I can invite you to walk Camino de Madrid, part Camino Frances, Camino de Invierno and Camino Muxia/Finisterre (20th June - 4th August) with me :)

Have a nice day!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Thanks for your invite I really do want to do the trip with someone, and I can start the trip any time, it's just the planning of where to meet and eat I take. Are you walking or cycling?

Sent from my iPad using Camino de Santiago Forum
I walk. Cycle only in hometown.
What do you know about Caminos in Spain? I mean, sure you have some preferences whether flat or steep terrain etc....
If you want more info on my "schedule" and else could PM me so we won't spam this thread ;)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
M

Mark Lee

Looks like I will land in Madrid June 5th and hit the trail within a couple of days after that. No set time frame on when I arrive in Santiago. Get there when I get there. ;)
I'll be the gringo wearing a dark blue ball cap and carrying a light gray pack.

Reactions: chilledKat

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Auste

May 4, 2014
Le Puy to Santiago de Compostela in summer 2014 (Late June- early July)
Hi guys!!! Have finally bought my bus ticket which will take me from London to Lyon on the 1st of July then train to Le Puy where I will start my journey to Santiago!

Wish all the luck to all of you! Much love

Reactions: hampshire!tim

Esauro57

Feb 21, 2010
Italy
Pilgrim
Hi! ( Hola!) .. and Buon cammino to all Pellegrinos to Santiago! ;) ....Doing the Camino Francès to Santiago , for the 2° time from St.Jean Pied de Port on the 19th /20th? June 2014 i am arriving late in Bayonne 21:30 by train so i'll miss the last bus to St. Jean i'll have to sleep out doors in Bayonne... if i don't find some form of shelter... have the forum badge so maybe we can see each other along ...The Way...Ultreya y Suseya :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Shane O'Dwyer

Mar 19, 2015
starting out from St Jean Pied de Port on 29 May 2015
Hey,

Clodagh
  • Hi Clodagh, I am starting in St Jean on 28th May and doing four weeks. Perhaps our paths will cross

yolanda Mejia

Mar 17, 2015
none past, planing to go on May to do the French walk( 2015) do not have sense of direction
  • Hi Clodagh, I am starting in St Jean on 28th May and doing four weeks. Perhaps our paths will cross
Hi Shane. My plan is to arrive in SJPP on May 26( I have a very tight schedule plain to plain)Hope to start May 27. perhaps we will get to meet?

€83,-

Belinda Lozano

Apr 2, 2015
6/10/15
Hey,

Clodagh
I'm so excited! I'm starting in Ponferrada June 14! I'm going alone and hope to join anyone who is willing to have great conversations! I'm not stressing about how much I walk. I want to enjoy each and every moment! I hope to make many friends along the way!

Bel

Hey,

Clodagh

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Viggo

California
Nov 9, 2014
California
CF, CP, Norte, Finister, VDLP, VF, Le Puy to SJPDP
Hey,

Clodagh
I arrive in Pamplona June 12 at night, need to get to SJ somehow. I will start 14th from SJ, and have to be at Santiago by July 12.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hey,

Clodagh
No sorry, I'm on the Camino wright now. But I wish you a experience of a lifetime. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hi, I to stayed in the albergue Orisson, it's a great place to stay in. That's now 16 days ago. Take it as it comes and go with the flow. Enjoy yourself and have a great time. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
Jul 20, 2012
Wolverhampton, England
Hi, Al,Any idea when you'll be in SdC? End of July or beginning of August? I plan to be somewhere around by that time.
Probably early July (assuming I get there). So although it would be great to meet up it's unlikely. Actually I think I need to go and live in SDC so that I can meet all the fascinating and lovely people on here.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Probably early July (assuming I get there). So although it would be great to meet up it's unlikely. Actually I think I need to go and live in SDC so that I can meet all the fascinating and lovely people on here.
Wow, that will be fast if you start on June 28th from Pamplona :confused:

€149,-

Ron A.

Mar 22, 2015
Orange County California USA
June (2015) this will be my first!
retired last year and I'm ready for an adventure when I heard about this it sounded like quite an adventure. Lol

The only thing that scares me is Bed Bugs!!
Hey,

Clodagh

Providence

Jun 14, 2015
June 17 (2015)
Hey,

Clodagh
Yes, I will be getting there June 18th.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides