Search 62305 Camino Questions

Calendar APRIL 2023 Start - Check in here!

Calendar entry

C clearly

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012
If you are planning to start a Camino in April 2023, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start location, and the route if it is not the Francés.

Moderators will edit this first post to update the list. We will delete new posts regularly, after the list is updated, to keep the thread compact and easier to update. Post again if you see mistakes or omissions. (If you want to change your date, please tell us the old date as well as the new one so we don't need to hunt for it!)

This thread is intended only for updating the list of planned starts, so further discussion of plans, preparations, ride shares, etc., should be done on other threads or private Conversation.

DO NOT USE THE "REPLY" BUTTON
, which creates a quote. Do not try to edit the list on a quote. Instead, go to the bottom of the thread (where the box for "Post reply" appears before the photos) and add a new post with the information.

Don't add emojis to your posts, since moderators use emojis to signal to each other that the post has been taken care of.

All the monthly threads are pinned to the top of the "Introduce yourself..." section of the forum here.

April 1 @WalkingMan (Irun - Norte). @Squeakypoo (SJPP, bike). @wades1 (SJPP). @Moyahope (SJPP) @hielienie (Irun). @Dora (Porto) @Firstwalkshare (Lisboa). @JodienBlue (SJPP).

April 2 – Palm Sunday - @montenegrodr (SJPP).

April 3 - @Joannel (SJPP).

April 4 - @EL LECHERO (LePuy) @dishaw (SJPP).

April 5 - @elbosterix (Roncesvalles). @Fulton0s (Sevilla).

April 6 - @Maureen D (SJPP). @JimG59 (Lisbon). @Collie Mom (SJPP). @Varlope (SJPP).

April 7 – Good Friday - @Kev&Kath (Cadiz). @Jennifer1959 (Triacastela).

April 8 - @Alg.grobbelaar (SJPP). @clearskiescamino (Agueda - Camino Portugués).

April 9 – Easter Sunday - @Hey Jude (SJPP).

April 10 - @hmuller61 (SJPP). @JohnnyWu (Ferrol). @KathyRugg (SJPP) @Seeker (Irun). @legless (Porto).

April 11 - @Joodle (Lisboa) @gadgeman (SJPP).

April 12 - @JerseyWalker (Burgos). @roylarsen (SJPP). @Silus (SJPP). @Mrs. Bloem 🌻 (SJPP). @Walkingboy (Madrid). @Susan Peacock (SJPP).

April 13 - @Nick Barlow (Oviedo - Primitivo). @camino07 (Lisbon). @Domsa (León). @Sidekick (León). @ronjones61 (SJPP). @Sharonstavroff (SJPP). @annemaried (SJPP). @Ditts (SJPP). @Peterk (SJPP)

April 14 - @Liam the Barber (Alicante - Camino del Sureste) @Gavala (SJPP). @Jodean (SJPP). @UncleMars (SJPP). @UncleMars (SJPP) @Lindsay53 (Seville). @sarahchicago (Porto) @suza2023 (Porto). @JWB (Madrid).

April 15 - @Hammo (Oviedo-Primitivo). @Chingona (SJPP). @Gilson (SJPP). @JulesCAinMA (Pamplona). @Ladydigs (SJPP).

April 16 - @HeatherL (SJPP). @DebR (Bayonne). @Moniq (SJPP). @JannyH (SJPP). @Sr.Bigote (Porto). @Kaz (SJPP) . @palmah (Logroño). @Brian&Deb J. (SJPP) @AMV (SJPP). @WanderingNotLost (Sevilla - VDLP, Sanabres)

April 17 - @Jan Runkel (Via de la Plata). @Tee305 (O Cebreiro). @Barbara2303 (Salamanca - Vdlp). @1elantra (SJPP). @joollyboolly (SJPP). @msbabb (Sevilla - VdlP/Sanabrés)

April 18 - @ChrisG1 (SJPP). @scottwmdavenport (Ferrol - Inglés). @Kev&Kath (Sevilla). @Jharris (Pamplona). @Taholden (SJPP). @Ali@59 (Porto - Coastal). @JTMurph7 (SJPP). @KevUK (SJPP). @jayceebee (Pamplona).

April 19 - @Vanozza (Rabanal). @april_pdx (SJPP) @rmitchelljr (SJPP). @CdnDreamer (Alicante - Lana). @snuz55 (Lisboa).

April 20 - @Dani7 (Bayonne - Chemin de la Nive). @Snackyp00 (SJPP). @tynephil (SJPP). @LolaJames (SJPDP) @hacienda (Seville - VDLP and Sanabres). @ScotlandJTB (SJPP).

April 21 - @accordeon/21 (SJPP) @KimC63 (SJPDP).

April 22 - @BeTheChange (SJPP) @LUISA G (SJPP). @lydiai (SJPP). @ficklegardener (SJPP).

April 23 - @Sweething (SJPP). @marcoberna (Porto). @Babyboomergirl (Sevilla - VDlP).

April 24 - @Dennene B (SJPP) @mattythedog (SJPP). @thecamino (SJPP).
@Sanman (San Sebastián). @ChrisMartin0609 (SJPP). @Ying (SJPP).

April 25 - @Captain Linda (SJPP). @Aquafish2 (SJPP). @dutchwalkagain (SJPP). @bernardr (Lisbon). @Carina Evertsson (SJPP). @etazac (Lisboa).

April 26 - @Fletchie76 (SJPP). @Jkuhn (SJPP. @Geoff Shepherd (Bayonne - Baztán). @Pererin Teilo (SJPP). @Betsybro (Porto). @AJGuillaume (Almería to Mérida). @walkabouts (Sevilla - VdlP). @brianne fitzgerald (Bilbao - Norte).

April 27 - @Matthew Fitzhenry (Le Puy-en-Velay). @Wayno (Vezelay - Via Lemovicensis). @Karlacola (SJPP).

April 28 - @Cullo (Gijón - Norte). @silverbum (Pamplona).

April 29 - @ils (SJPP). @Scott F (Porto). @igorschultz (SJPP). @JWB (León - Salvador).

April 30@Marie_pri (SJPP). @MarcPacitti (SJPP).

Last edited by a moderator:
2023 Camino Guides
The 2023 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
CF SJPP-SdC Oct/Nov (2013)
Kumano Kodo Japan (2016)
Portuguese Coastal Mar(2019)
CF Ap/May (2019)
Wish me luck!
On April 7, returning to where I fell and broke my leg in May 2019. I fell a few kms out from Triacastela, on the slippery uphill slope just past the gorgeous tiny matchbox of church of Our Lady of the Snows.
I will return to the spot and continue (carefully) on to SdC, hopefully! Ultreia everyone, have a wonderful Camino. ✅

27D7AFE5-FE56-4B04-B37A-E4D3F03DECA4_1_105_c.jpeg

purpledugong

09/22 Portuguese senda litoral
04/23 Norte
I'll start the Camino del Norte on April 9 in Irun! I have 26 days and plan to make it to Villaviciosa or Oviedo. It will be my second Camino

How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
France (2012 and 2014)
Leon- Finisterre- Muxia, (May 2016)
Primitivo - Finisterre (May 2017)
I have to cancel my camino april 19, from Sevilla.

🆗

:-(

John Brierley 2023 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.

Fulton0s

My wife and I are starting the Camino Via De La Plata, April 5th.
Hope to arrive May 20th in Santiago.
Gwen from Newfoundland.
Steve from New Jersey.

ScotlandJTB

April 2023
JTB Scotland. Starting out from SJPDP on 20th April with the first night up at Orisson. First time Camino walker !!
Buen Camino !!

2023 Camino Guides
The 2023 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Peterk

April 2016
2017, April 2019
Hope to begin 13 th April SJPP.
AGAIN!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am new to this forum. My husband and I will walk the Camino Frances in Sept 2023. We are preparing now but have a lot to learn. Right now, we don’t even know how to get to SJDP from USA...
Hi. I will be walking the Camino in May of this year and my friends and I want to walk from Arzua to Finesterre -- 82 miles. We will not be going to Muxia. If we end this way, are we still able...
Hello. My wife and I have a free day in St. Jean Pied de Port in May before starting the Camino Frances. I am looking for a tour company who can provide transportation and guide to and from...
I arrive Biarritz at 18.45 on 18th April .. buses and trains aren’t available until 06.40 on 19th so where is best to stay … Biarritz or Bayonne?
Hello Starting Camino on May 22 from Sarria taking it one day at a time. Where do you get the peregrino credencial from?
Sometimes life can get in the way of life, ...... almost 10 years ago i felt I needed to be there, this year I will be there to celebrate my 60th. Late August 2023 my camera and I will travel to...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2023 Camino Guides