• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Arm warmers, leg warmers & sun protectors

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
A local company has been advertising the following for cyclists but they might be just as useful for walkers:

Sun-Off arm protectors: No need to pack a long sleeve shirt to keep the sun off your arms during the heat of the day - just take the arm protectors.
Thermal Arm Warmer: No need to pack a warm top for when the sun goes down - just put on the warm warmers.
Thermal leg warmer: Ditto - pull on your leg warmers when it gets cooler.

http://www.firstascent.co.za/product-de ... prodid=938

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Or why not wear a t shirt and shorts, depending on the time of year of course, and if it gets too cold, put on a light fleece?

If you brought everything you 'needed' in your rucksack you wouldn't get too far.

Probably has it's uses elsewhere though.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
These items could definately have a place is someone's kit. Thanks Sillydoll for sharing such information. I always find your posts so informative and provide food for thought.

Sheesh

sillydoll said:
Thermal Arm Warmer: No need to pack a warm top for when the sun goes down - just put on the warm warmers.
My friend from Quebec had some of these warmers and she used to wear them on cooler mornings, then it was a simple matter to strip them off as the day warmed up. Trust the Quebec'ers to know how to cope with the cold! I thought it was a really good idea at the time and I am glad you reminded me about it sil. LIke you say, it saved her packing a long-sleeved top. I am not certain, but I think her's may have been the kind usually sold for cyclists.
Margaret

Most read last week in this forum