• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arriving by Ryanair at Biarritz Wed May 10, 2023, at 9.30pm

grumpygit

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2023
Is there anyone else arriving from Stansted at the same time?
I have no idea how I am going to get to SJPDP and after trying all day cannot find anywhere to stay at SJPDP for a couple of days :)

Any suggestions would be most welcome

P.S can I pick up a Cimino passport in SJPDP?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have no idea how I am going to get to SJPDP and after trying all day cannot find anywhere to stay at SJPDP for a couple of days :)

yes on the Camino passport...there's an office where it can be purchased and you get your first stamp (it's a really neat one too...you'll want it for sure)

I took train from Biarritz to Bayonne and then a train from Bayonne to SJPP...check out Rome2Rio website/app...it can often provide modes of transportation between places as well as times.

Buen Camino

Am arriving on the 11th to Biarritz and have a bed at Le Vita e Bella if you haven’t already tried there?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
after trying all day cannot find anywhere to stay at SJPDP for a couple of days :)
I don't understand how this can be. I just looked on Booking.com and saw 7 properties available for May 10-12, there alone, with a range of prices.

Edit to add: You might need to overnight in Bayonne, the first night, and take the morning train.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Good advice above!
Your not going to get out the airport till 10 pm; i was due to land on the 2nd and booked a taxi to SJPP it was going to cost 130 Euros!
Find a room in Bayonne and get train or Express Bourricot .
Even if you leave at ten in a taxi you wont get to SJPP till 11pm

I don't understand how this can be. I just looked on Booking.com and saw 7 properties available for May 10-12, there alone, with a range of prices.

Edit to add: You might need to overnight in Bayonne, the first night, and take the morning train.
Have decided to do just that and booked a hotel in Biarritz for the night and have all day next day to get there and find somewhere to stay.

P.S Also booking.com was a better idea, just never thought they would have albergies

Last edited:

I am arriving 19th May 9.30 too so I decided to book a room in Biarritz after a long journey from Australia.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid Chamartín early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
Hi all! I am trying to finish up the last bit of planning for our upcoming Camino, in two and a half weeks, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. We are kinda doing things a little backwards, as...
The why is in the article below. https://www.elcorreogallego.es/santiago/2024/05/07/concello-santiago-estudia-reforzar-conexiones-102021423.html
Here's the dealeo. 😁 Instead of my usual departure city back to the US of A from Paris. I am now coming home from Barcelona. I've done my due diligence in searching how to get from Logrono to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back