• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arriving in Bordeaux... can I get to SJPdP same day?

HE-J

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015, 2022)
Camino Ingles (2023))
Hello all knowing ones!
I am due to fly in to Bordeaux (From Bristol) on the 31st May - arriving at 16:20 (hopefully!!!)

Will it be possible for me to get to SJPdP that day or do I need to find somewhere to stay in Bordeaux for the night before travelling on the next day.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello all knowing ones!
I am due to fly in to Bordeaux (From Bristol) on the 31st May - arriving at 16:20 (hopefully!!!)

Will it be possible for me to get to SJPdP that day or do I need to find somewhere to stay in Bordeaux for the night before travelling on the next day.

I flew into Biarritz myself from Stansted two weeks ago arriving at 10am ..your better of staying the night then make your way to Bayonne in the morning and get the train to SJPDP ..but others on here may be of more help than myself ..what ever you do enjoy and Buen Camino

Hello all knowing ones!

You have a reasonable chance of getting to Bayonne that evening https://www.thetrainline.com/book/r...tedOutward=ARIp6ALDl90=:H+2K9VqR5ag=:Standard not St Jean.

There is an excellent little Hotel, Cote Basque, opposite the Rail station for St Jean from where you could comfortably get the 08:50 to St Jean

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I flew into Biarritz myself from Stansted two weeks ago arriving at 10am ..your better of staying the night then make your way to Bayonne in the morning and get the train to SJPDP ..but others on here may be of more help than myself ..what ever you do enjoy and Buen Camino
Thanks cardifflad52, looks like I might be able to get to Bayonne but no further ...now I just need to decide whether to stop in SJPdP a for a night or head straight up to Orisson... SJPdP is very nice...tempted!

Thanks tincatinker...will head for Bayonne...thanks for the heads up re hotel cote basque, much appreciated!

Thanks cardifflad52, looks like I might be able to get to Bayonne but no further ...now I just need to decide whether to stop in SJPdP a for a night or head straight up to Orisson... SJPdP is very nice...tempted!
There are some nice alberques in SJPDP when you get there and decide not to stay you can always head to the pilgrim office and register mind you there not much to do there and it depends what time you get there, by 10am be perfect to walk to Orisson for the night .

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There are some nice alberques in SJPDP when you get there and decide not to stay you can always head to the pilgrim office and register mind you there not much to do there and it depends what time you get there, by 10am be perfect to walk to Orisson for the night .
I know ... last time I stayed at Beilari ...loved it...def tempted to stay again...just adds another day into the schedule ... decisions decisions!

I know ... last time I stayed at Beilari ...loved it...def tempted to stay again...just adds another day into the schedule ... decisions decisions!
I stayed opposite Joseph and went there for my pilgrim dinner , a lovely man and a good cook ...you could have a lie in then get a later train to get you there for the afternoon in time for Joseph to welcome you

I had booked Luton to Bordeaux, travelling with my grandson, then fell into the same quandary as you. I booked an Airbnb in Bayonne as we wouldn't have been able to get to sjpp at a reasonable time. Spent weeks dithering, then changed my flight to Gatwick to Biarritz. Have to get up at horrible o'clock in the morning but will get to Sjpp around lunchtime. We could walk up to Broda, but I figure my grandson will be tired and also thought we might meet a few pilgrims before we set off in the morning.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello all knowing ones!

Probably not unless to hire a car( don't do that ) you need a good night's sleep before you start , so at least spend the night in SJPP and you will need a taxi from the train station to SJPP but you can easily do that, approach anyone with a pack

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back