• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

August 2018

Odaly

Not all who wander are lost...
Time of past OR future Camino
Past: Camino de Santiago from SJPdP Aug 17-Oct 1, 2016
Future: from SJPdP May to July 2018
I've not always known about El Camino, but I became aware of it after my first visit to Spain in 2009 and bitten in 2012 after seeing Pelligrinos on the way while visiting San Sabastian.

I had a traditional job and El Camino took a back burner. Now that I'm self-employed it seems El Camino is in my near future.

I have some flexibility. I will be walking with my sister-in-law. She will turn 55 and I will turn 45 that year. We are looking to do the Camino Frances and beginning our walk on August 21, 2018. We would end on September 27ish. Is this a bad time for rain? How about crowds or availability of public albuerges?

I look forward to learning from all of you!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Probably the least likely time for rain - so a good choice. You will get ripe grapes and figs all along the way. Don't worry about the crowds - I walked with a friend in September last year, and we had no problem. Public albergues fill first but there is always alternative accommodation.

Probably the least likely time for rain - so a good choice. You will get ripe grapes and figs all along the way. Don't worry about the crowds - I walked with a friend in September last year, and we had no problem. Public albergues fill first but there is always alternative accommodation.
Thank you so much! I'm so please to hear the rain will be minimal. Grapes and figs are a huge bonus!!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My wife and I walked in 2013, from August 17 to September 19. We broke out the ponchos one day toward the end (for about a 1/2 hour). The rest of the time the weather was almost perfect (just a little hot for us, but being from Florida, you will be more used to it :)) The crowds were not bad, a little more toward the end as a lot of people only walk the last 100 km. We did meet up with a school group early on, but adjusted our walking days to get away from them. Have a great time and Buen Camino !!

My wife and I walked in 2013, from August 17 to September 19. We broke out the ponchos one day toward the end (for about a 1/2 hour). The rest of the time the weather was almost perfect (just a little hot for us, but being from Florida, you will be more used to it :)) The crowds were not bad, a little more toward the end as a lot of people only walk the last 100 km. We did meet up with a school group early on, but adjusted our walking days to get away from them. Have a great time and Buen Camino !!
Thank you! I'm more afraid of it getting cold towards the final days then the heat. I bet I'll change my mind if it is ultra hot with a huge backpack on my back :eek:! Thanks ManyMiles2Go for your response.

I've not always known about El Camino, but I became aware of it after my first visit to Spain in 2009 and bitten in 2012 after seeing Pelligrinos on the way while visiting San Sabastian.

I had a traditional job and El Camino took a back burner. Now that I'm self-employed it seems El Camino is in my near future.

I have some flexibility. I will be walking with my sister-in-law. She will turn 55 and I will turn 45 that year. We are looking to do the Camino Frances and beginning our walk on August 21, 2018. We would end on September 27ish. Is this a bad time for rain? How about crowds or availability of public albuerges?

I look forward to learning from all of you!
Hi, my wife walked about the same time of the year in 2013 she had only one day of rain untill Calicia. It's very green around there so that's more rain.
Wish you both a lot of sunshine and a wonderful journey, Buen Camino, Peter.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you Peter! Two years (and then some) sounds and feels like an eternity! The greenery sounds wonderful.

I had forgotten about this intro post. Since then I did complete the Camino Frances from SJPdP to Santiago. I left Miami on August 17, 2016. Started walking on August 21st in brutal heat. Experienced cold weather beginning in LeĂłn and only had one real day of rain. There was misting in Galicia.

It was all so amazing I already have plane tickets to return on May 7, 2018!

Hi! i hadn't looked at the dates of the original posting and was about to cheer you along 'don't worry, go, it'll be fine'... Only to realise you had already finished! Congratulations!
I can only go in the Summer months because of my job and it has never been a problem. Yes it can be hot but somehow I always enjoyed it. I am glad you did too :)
Buen next camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back