Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Back from the Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
People are often warned about walking the Primitivo too early in the season because of snow and bad weather. How did you find the March walk?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, great pics! I am planning for it in June 2013. Start from Leon (Camino San Salvador first) and then Primitivo.
annie

sillydoll said:
People are often warned about walking the Primitivo too early in the season because of snow and bad weather. How did you find the March walk?

It was great. The weather changed a lot - a couple of really hot days and, as you saw in those pictures, a few days of cloud and snow, but it was never awful. It was really just a question of taking a coat :wink:

The Primitivo was dramatically quieter than the Camino Frances, though. The first night I was sharing a hostel with two other people and it never hot above about 12 or 15. But Once I hit the Frances at Melide the hostel had about 100 people in it - a dramatic change!

Beautiful photos, thank you!

When I walked Primitivo in May 2007, me and two spanish friends of mine we were the only ones on the road for first three days. Tineo was the first albergue where we met others. I was lucky to have those friends with me, walking all alone for three days and staying alone in the monastery of Cornellana might have have been a bit too scary thing for me!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@ breakintheclouds - Those photos are amazing. I'm planning on walking the Camino del Norte, then joining with the Camino Primitivo in Oviedo, but I've never seen such a beautiful representation of the scenery! I'm looking at going this September or October... having grown up in the Pacific Northwest, I'm drawn to a more rainy, snowy time. Even after years of living in Mexico and South American, I still fall apart when the thermometer passes 80 degrees!

Thanks again for sharing your beautiful pictures. - Hannah (AnitaPeron)

Thanks for sharing your journey!!! Great photos! I just can't get enough of the beauty and look forward to beholding it with my own eyes!

Stunning photographs - thank you. The Primitivo looks fabulous. Where there many other pilgrims on the road? You seem to have experienced all types of weather along the way.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Great photos, I can see the walk gave you the 'eye' for your photos.
Having recently returned would you know if the allergies at Penasetta just after Pola de Allende is still open as I'm considering doubling back to it if I do the Hospitales way over the hill. Many thanks, micha

Most read last week in this forum

Thanks to those of you who have wished me Buen Camino pm! My plan was Salvador/Prim, but 1) cold feet because of a knee (old injury) and 2) would have to rush with no possibilty of short/rest...
We are arriving in Madrid on May 5th. I went online today to purchase train tickets to Oviedo and it doesn't show any train service. Does that mean the trains are sold out? Or maybe some other...
Hi, has anyone walked the Primitivo in mid-October? What was it like? Weather, tracks and accommodation? I plan to walk from Oviedo to Lugo only, then bus to Santiago after. Thanks for your input.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back