• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack Transport on On Camino Inglés

urbanhiker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012)
Le Puy to Moissac (2013)
Camino Portugues (Sept 2014)
Camino del Norte/Irun to Luarca (April 2015)
Camino Inglés/Camino Finisterra/Muxia (Oct 2015)
Moissac to St. Jean (2016)
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are doing the Camino Inglés in late Sept. 2015. Does anyone know, for sure, of backpack transportation from Ferrol and along the Camino. My girlfriend is small and carrying a backpack all the way is no fun. She, however, is Camino able, having done two Caminos already. Thanks for the help. I appreciate the help.

Ray
Urbanhiker

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are doing the Camino Inglés in late Sept. 2015. Does anyone know, for sure, of backpack transportation from Ferrol and along the Camino. My girlfriend is small and carrying a backpack all the way is no fun. She, however, is Camino able, having done two Caminos already. Thanks for the help. I appreciate the help.

Ray
Urbanhiker
Great question

There may be a thread aleady with some information but this is what we saw.
This year we found that there is a new service run by the Correos. You can sign up, look for the yellow info sheets/envelopes, and have your pack moved daily. We saw packs being collected, and they are supposed to be ready for collection by 7.00am (one place it was only just after that when they came loking for them and they were not happy that the packs were not ready). If you cannot find any other place to sign up in Ferrol then I expect that the Correos office will have the details. I presume that the usual rules apply re- delivery to albergues so you will probably have to use the private albergues etc.
We did not use the service so cannot comment on its use but I think you do need to contact them daily by internet or phone.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I just returned from finishing my summer by walking the CI and I did not see much evidence of Jacotran's presence, it looked like most places depend on the Correos to transport packs.

We walked Camino Ingles in June 2014 and used Jacotrans. Perfect service and easy to contact by email while we were on the road. But of course we had to give them our schedule beforehand. 6-7 Euros pr backpack.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've booked my pack transport from the company organising my room bookings. I know each camino can be an adventure and accommodation and packs are , for many, part of the adventure, but I know I couldn't carry a pack and walk so I need to be practical. It also means I will have a planned room to end each day so I can concentrate on the walk.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Correos is great and very reliable and the one time they messed up my delivery, they apologized profusely, didn't charge me that day, and it all ended up just fine.

They do not go to Muxia, but there are others that do.

I found it a lot cheaper than shipping stuff back home. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, but for my trip next August, I think I know how to pack so I won't need it (hopefully).

Most read last week in this forum

I did a search in this sub-forum but couldn't find anything recent. How much cash should I bring for the Ingles? All of my pre-booked accommodations except one accept credit card. That one place...
Here is a brief outline of our Camino from Reading UK to Santiago de Compostella via the Camino Ingles. Day 1 April 7th Reading to Little London. Reading is very Pilgrim friendly, great signage...
No rooms in Bruma tonight. Anywhere. Is it cheating to take a cab 10k away to get a place to stay?
Hello all, I'll be walking the Camino Inlgés staring 21st May, along with my husband and my mother. My husband and I are relatively fit, in our mid-40's, and my 75-year-old mother is somewhat fit...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back