Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag Transfer on Invierno Route

KeyserSoza

Planning to do the full CF next April May. Did it last year following the standard route. This time we are considering doing the last section from Ponferrado on the Invierno route. Is anyone aware of companies that do bag transfers on this route. I’ve checked and NCS don’t.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
WhatsApp Senor Mar (+34 639 24 19 39) from your accommodation in Ponferrada with instructions in Spanish (use Google translate if necessary - I did) to collect and transfer for the following night. Leave your bag, where advised by your host, with €6 in cash, before 8 am. Sr Mar will reply (briefly - he's a man of few words.) You will find your bag at your lodging. Repeat. It's worked fine for me. He goes all the way from Ponferrada to SdC and is very reliable,

Leave your bag, where advised by your host, with €6 in cash, before 8 am.
You can also schedule the whole route for a flat fee which is cheaper than booking by the day. In October 2021 it was ridiculously cheap less than €5/stage for a path way less traveled. On the last day it was only just to leave a thank you note and extra €.

En 2023 Manuel, de CASAMAR en Sobradelo (alojamiento para peregrinos también), se en cargaba de gestionar el traslado de mochilas.

In 2023, Manuel of CASAMAR in Sobradelo (pilgrim lodging as well) was responsible for managing backpack transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Planning to do the full CF next April May. Did it last year following the standard route. This time we are considering doing the last section from Ponferrado on the Invierno route. Is anyone aware of companies that do bag transfers on this route. I’ve checked and NCS don’t.
Try Pilbeo

For anyone interested in arranging mochila transfers on the Camino Invierno I was give the following information on who does it by a hotelier in Monteforte.

Manuel Ángel Martínez: Casa Mar (Sobradelo) 988335106 / 639241939
Antonio Soengas: Taxi from Chantada 619332455
José Ángel: 629035774
El camino con Correos

Transporte de mochilas en el Camino de Santiago

Correos transporta mochilas, maletas y equipajes de alojamiento en alojamiento en el Camino de Santiago con Paq Mochila
www.elcaminoconcorreos.com
www.elcaminoconcorreos.com
For the winter way you need to send an email to paqmochila@correos.com

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Folks can anyone advise about the ease. or lack of ease. of pack transport along the Invierno route? Many Thanks Michael.
We’re scoping out accommodation on the Invierno, and @C clearly noticed that Pensión As Viñas is on booking. There is an annotation “new to booking.” Many of us stayed there before the albergue...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.