• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag transport to Fernanda's

ConnieJ

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Camino Portugues
Does anyone know if the couriers are running bags in Porto right now? Specifically from Pedra Ferada to Fernanda's? I have a long day that day and wanting to know if my bag can be sent ahead. My knees gave out last year and Jacotrans saved me so I was able to finish although walking backwards to save my knees. Thanks for any current info. Will be in Porto in a few days and trying to plan my route from starting Litoral into Fernanda's.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Does anyone know if the couriers are running bags in Porto right now? Specifically from Pedra Ferada to Fernanda's? I have a long day that day and wanting to know if my bag can be sent ahead. My knees gave out last year and Jacotrans saved me so I was able to finish although walking backwards to save my knees. Thanks for any current info. Will be in Porto in a few days and trying to plan my route from starting Litoral into Fernanda's.
As I answered you a minute ago to your other post , I am worried and curious how you will cope with the track between Ponte de Lima and Rubiães. Climbing the Alta da Portela Grande mountain. There you should need a backpack service more than on the track from Pedra Furada to Fernanda. Hope youre knees will stand. Lots of climbing in rocky off road terrain

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As I answered you a minute ago to your other post , I am worried and curious how you will cope with the track between Ponte de Lima and Rubiães. Climbing the Alta da Portela Grande mountain. There you should need a backpack service more than on the track from Pedra Furada to Fernanda. Hope youre knees will stand. Lots of climbing in rocky off road terrain
I do agree with @Albertinho ! Especially on a wet day it can be treacherous. Btw Albertinho is there a ( main ) road alternative for that part?

I do agree with @Albertinho ! Especially on a wet day it can be treacherous. Btw Albertinho is there a ( main ) road alternative for that part?
Yes Sabine but a dangerous one.
follow the main road , the N201, but I will find out where to change from the caminho path to the N201 in Brierley’sguide. I come back that later today.

how do I know ? We stayed for some weeks nearby Fernanda’s on a campingsite.
during the meal at Fernanda’s I was sitting next to a tall Viking like guy , blond hair and blue eyes. Where you from ? I asked him, expecting to be a Swedish , Danish ,Norwegian or Finnish . From Namibia he said . Huh..? He was a butcher there.
His ancesters were Swedish long time ago.
Two days after meeting him it was pouring with rain and we decided to do some shopping in Valença and fill up the gasoline tank in Tui.
From Ponte de Lima we saw all poor pilgrims walking on their way to the Alto daPortela Grande facing slippery muddy dirty and above all dangerous ascending and descending paths.
we continued the N 201 road , narrow and with lots of curves and bends and all of a sudden we saw our Namibian Viking walking aside the road with no footpath.
we stopped and gave him and his wife a lift to Rubiães.
so.. when it rains I am not so sure the road around the mountain is a good alternative.
pretty dangerous , especially because the road leads through dark woods. You hope they see you.Always wear a reflecting safety jacket.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The connection of the waymarked path and the N201 is nearby café Nunes
That’s the first and for the time being last opportunity to drink a coffee and have a toilet stop before arriving in Rubiães . Also they have a stamp
next to the café is a left turn road that leads to the N201 but if I were @ConnyJ I should take a taxi or public transport and not walking on the winding ,ascending and descending small and dangerous road with weak knees. It is pretty desolated there in that area

Abraço
Albertinho

We used tuitrans on the coastal route and central routes, great services

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Connie, we are a few days behind you arriving to Porto. I can confirm that Caminofacil is transporting bags -- we're signed up with them for the CP, including a stop at Fernanda's. One other service we checked with is not operating this early in the season. Bom caminho!

Hi Connie, we are a few days behind you arriving to Porto. I can confirm that Caminofacil is transporting bags -- we're signed up with them for the CP, including a stop at Fernanda's. One other service we checked with is not operating this early in the season. Bom caminho!
Fernanda mentioned Tuitrans and Topsantiago as the best services but on the internet I cannot find anything about Topsantiago so I will ask her again when I will be at her place within 12 days from now. I will post the information here on the forum.
I know when I worked as hospitaleiro at Casa Fernanda there were lots of complains about some backpack service companies and Fernanda would not work with some of them because backpacks did not arrive in time or weren’t picked up or too late .

but on the internet I cannot find anything about Topsantiago
Here's their site

They also utilize Facebook

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
thank you for the heads up! I did have injections in both knees 6 days ago. I will also be listening to my body more.. We get up to that age where we don't, (and as a former athlete most of my life) thought 20 miles on my first day with a pack last time and 17 the second day, would be ok.. It WAS NOT lol and I had to have xrays at the hospital there. So, I am slowing it down, switched up shoes, PT at home AND injections. Mind you this was OCT/Nov 21 so it hasn't been very long.. but I am going to give it my best shot. Buen Camino, Thank you!

Fernanda mentioned Tuitrans and Topsantiago as the best services but on the internet I cannot find anything about Topsantiago so I will ask her again when I will be at her place within 12 days from now. I will post the information here on the forum.
I know when I worked as hospitaleiro at Casa Fernanda there were lots of complains about some backpack service companies and Fernanda would not work with some of them because backpacks did not arrive in time or weren’t picked up or too late .
Thank you! She sent me an email later in the evening and gave me two options of couriers as well. I can't wait to meet her!

Casa Fernanda”, Vitorino dos Piães. is what Fernanda told me to write as the destination for our packs.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Casa Fernanda”, Vitorino dos Piães. is what Fernanda told me to write as the destination for our packs.
Rua do Outeiro 547
4990-823 Vitorino dos Piães is her address

I wonder if a backpack courier needs this address information, it is an unexperienced courier. Casa da Fernanda is the most popular albergue in Portugal. All couriers know where it is situated

Hi everyone,
I have been booking my backpack transport in preparation for next week's departure and walk from Barcelos to Santiago. I got my quote from Tuitrans, who can handle every one of my stops except for the Albergue in Tamel, between Barcelos and Fernanda's. So I thought I'd book with Caminofácil, just for Barcelos-Tamel-Fernanda, and then go with Tuitrans.
So I'm wondering if @jzdean and @ConnieJ , who were traveling in March, ended up using Caminofacil and how was your experience. Did you use any other companies as well?
Tuitrans is just so well-known that they were the first company I went to.
Also, the websites are confusing. They seem to offer phone ordering, but then ask you to pre-book online. What procedure did you follow?

Are you sure Caminofacil can deliver a bag to the albergue. Isn’t it a municipal that probably doesn’t accept bags. It would be my guess that if a bag could be delivered that Tuitrans would do it.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Are you sure Caminofacil can deliver a bag to the albergue. Isn’t it a municipal that probably doesn’t accept bags. It would be my guess that if a bag could be delivered that Tuitrans would do it.
Tuitrans said no. The albergue is listed on the Caminofácil website. I emailed them and am waiting for a reply.

Thank you! She sent me an email later in the evening and gave me two options of couriers as well. I can't wait to meet her!
Hi Connie! I'm looking for bag transfers in Porto as well and am having a challenge!! TopSantiago and Truitans stop Oct.31. Can you share what service you found pleeeease!! Tia!

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back