• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack courier (Mochila Express) on Coastal?

mistermike

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to SdC May-July 2019
Port. Coastal Sep 2023
Does a pack courier service exit along the coast? I gave myself a permanent nerve injury on CF 2019 and despite orthotics and about every shoe being tested, I get stunning pain in left foot like a bolt at random times and once triggered it's sore for many days afterwards. On CF, on Doctor's advice, I got a duffle bag and shipped some heavy items each day to get weight out of my pack and therefore not on my foot.

I have a pretty good combo of shoes orthotics after years of testing but I have ordered a new type of walking trailer / cart thing. So I can keep the weight on my foot down and still carry my own gear. I have been waiting a year and half and they have finally shipped but the orders to Australia sat on a warf in China for a month before going anywhere.

I have not booked my tickets yet because I have been waiting test it but I'm watching prices for airfares jump when departure is only a couple of weeks off.

There have been a couple of these trailers arrive bent from the boat ride to the USA. I'm worried about mine arriving bent or the airline bending it on the way to Porto, and me having to carry a full pack on that bad foot. I might be able to carry the full load the whole way (my plan) but knowing there is a bag courier service would just be peace of mind when the trailer is an unknown and I might have only a few days to test it before I go. That makes me feel more comfortable in ordering a ticket before it arrives, Thanks for your help, sorry the short question had a long tail end, just wanting folks to know I'm not just being lazy...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...
Will be doing hopefully my first of many Camino journeys leaving out of Porto December 29. From what I can tell, highs in 50’s to 60’s F and possibly some but not a lot of moisture with no snow...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back