• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bayonne to SJDP on Sunday!

Antonis265

Hi My Friends, :)

I need some help here maybe someone of you can give some tips!
We are arriving on Bayonne on Sunday 14Aug 06:40 and then we want to get to SJDP with the first available train.. but is Sunday!
Do the that train runs normally on Sunday? or not? :?:

If we get to SJDP around 10:00, is it a good idea to begging walking same day to Roncevalles?
Or will be too difficult?

What do you reckon?

Many thanks
Antonis :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
From the SNCF website:

Dimanche 14/08

08h18 BAYONNE

09h36 ST JEAN PIED DE PORT
TER 67303 Transport de vélo
Durée : 01h18
Dimanche 14/08

11h26 BAYONNE

12h44 ST JEAN PIED DE PORT
TER 67323 Transport de vélo
Dimanche 14/08

14h31 BAYONNE

15h49 ST JEAN PIED DE PORT
TER 67315 Transport de vélo
Dimanche 14/08

17h19 BAYONNE

18h41 ST JEAN PIED DE PORT
TER 67325 Transport de vélo
Durée : 01h22
Dimanche 14/08

20h22 BAYONNE

21h40 ST JEAN PIED DE PORT
TER 67309 Transport de vélo

Depending on your fitness you will need anything from 7 to 12 hours to walk to Roncesvalles from SJPP.

You could try and book in at the Orisson refugio which is about 8km from SJPP and is probably the steepest part of the journey.

http://www.refuge-orisson.com

If you decide to stay in SJPP then try the following link.

Be prepared for the fact that you are walking at peak time on the Camino.

http://www.espritduchemin.org/

May your Camino be all that you hope it to be.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello! :)
Thanks both of you!
So we gonna get the first train then! Great!

Propably we should book at Orrison, it will be easier!
We are ages 21 & 25 but for first day walking a long distance passing through mountains it will be hard .....

Antonis

Re: Transport on Sunday!

Hi,

we hope to complete our Camino in Santiago on Saturday 21st April 2012 and stay overnight.

we then need to travel the following day (Sunday) back to Ferrol any ideas as to the best method of travel?

Regards

Raymondo

Remember there's also the Valcarlos route from SJPP to Roncesvalles, which I'm sure is an easier first day, especially if you stay overnight at Valcarlos. Lovely walk but not as iconic though!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back