• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Be careful booking bus on Alsa app

Eshowian

First timer in May 2017
Time of past OR future Camino
Walking Leon to Santiago May 2017 for my 60th birthday.
I booked my bus from Leon back to Madrid using the Alsa app. They took the money from my bank, and I arrive now at the station and there is no ticket in my name - despite the screenshot I have of each step of the booking process.
Had to buy another £34.85, and trey said I must claim it back from my bank when I get back to UK. All further discussion met with shrugged shoulders.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What a pain, especially after presenting the screenshots and the money being out of your account! Thank you for the heads-up, and hope your bank can get it sorted. Have a safe trip home.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you for the heads-up. Unfortunately, I booked some Alsa trips about a week ago. I do have a printed copy of what I received, so I will hope for the best.

Probably worth considering opting for paying by credit card for things like that. That way, you can quickly dispute charges. Anyhow, these things usually work themselves out.

I also booked through them and am planning to print everything out. Don't want to take any chances.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
From the OP's post it sounds like the problem is specifically booking on the Alsa app, not their website.

I have said before on here that the ALSA app is rubbish. Half the buses are missing from the timetable! I went into the bus station in Oviedo and the ladies behind the ALSA counter freely admitted it was useless. If booking ahead I would use the website and print everything.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
From the OP's post it sounds like the problem is specifically booking on the Alsa app, not their website.

Oh, that is probably the issue then. I bought with C/card so will sort when I get home.

Sorry to hear of your problem, which must be both annoying and disappointing.
I have quite often booked (mostly ALSA buses) with no problems except I find the ALSA site a little difficult to manage. But the Movelia.es site, which lets you book ALSA tickets, I have always found much easier. I have used both printed tickets and tickets on the ALSA app. I haven't tried the Movelia app, but I will. I always felt that I had a very clear confirmation that my booking had been made.

I never book buses ahead of time.
Just walk into the station and buy a ticket.
Never had a problem.

That's great! I've taken buses many times in Spain and I *usually* didn't buy ahead of time, but this trip is a little different for me so I booked ahead just to be on the safe side. I've been told that summer is a busy season and I'm anxious to get to SJPdP on time.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.