• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beginning my first, April 1st, 2021

PopsNemecek

Time of past OR future Camino
1st Camino planned April 2021
I will be starting my first Camino with an old Marine corps friend. He has done a few Camino's and invited me to join him. My thought is to take my time and my friend will probably get ahead of me at times.

I am doing this in memory of my late wife. She would never have been able to walk any of it, but she will be with me at the start and come visit at many stages along the way.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I will be starting my first Camino with an old Marine corps friend. He has done a few Camino's and invited me to join him. My thought is to take my time and my friend will probably get ahead of me at times.

I am doing this in memory of my late wife. She would never have been able to walk any of it, but she will be with me at the start and come visit at many stages along the way.
All the best to you on your first Camino adventure. Given your proposed starting date, it may be wise to make advance reservations for Holly week (the week leading up to Easter). It is a very busy travel time for Spaniards as they traditionally go to visit family and friends during this time.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Do take your time!!!! After my first Camino reviewing the 300 pictures I took while walking according to the stages in the Guide book, I realized that while this was the one of the best experiences of my life, in going from point to point according to the guide book, I missed so much of the culture. I am starting April 1 at age 75 from SJ{DJ and doing a SLOW Camino (9-11 miles/day) with some side trips (Haro) and all Green paths. Enjoy your Camino!!!!
Buen Camino

I walk my Caminos with a bunch of Saints - St. Teresa of Avila (Big Tess) the most notable and she was a worthy companion - and they often kept me out of trouble.
Somewhere on this forum there is an excellent posting on the understands and agreements that people walking together on the Camino should note and address.
Someone know where that posting is?? I thought it was worthy for even family members and best, best friends, especially if one hasn't done a Camino before. It was a bit lengthy but complete.

Someone know where that posting is?? I thought it was worthy for even family members and best, best friends, especially if one hasn't done a Camino before. It was a bit lengthy but complete.
I don't know/don't think that these are the one you're mentioning, Kathy, but... Here are some from the last 6 months as grist for the mill...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Buen Camino, devil.

I don't know/don't think that these are the one you're mentioning, Kathy, but... Here are some from the last 6 months as grist for the mill...

You guys are amazing. All the above!! One reason I tend to travel solo is because so many of these issues are NOT addressed ahead of time. I think these "rules" would apply whether walking a Camino or driving cross country. Thanks, research team!! 👌
🤟💪

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.