Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best Live Map

keenmargo

Time of past OR future Camino
October 5
Hello fellow pilgrims I start my walk on Friday and I’m looking for the best online map. I’ve looked on Google and for whatever reason what I’m putting in isn’t working for the Primitivo Trail so that if I do get lost, I can use the phone to help me.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I use AllTrails and it is accurate 80-90% of the time. Occasionally the trail shows the variant or the trail just isn't totally accurate, but that's infrequent.

I just had a look on the app now and it has the Primitivo - as a full trail or in stages.

I like it because you can download the maps in various forms (if you pay a small amount for the premium version), so you don't need internet connection to use it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The Wise Pilgrim and Buen Camino apps are great Camino specific maps that have live GPS maps along with information about accommodations and the towns and cities on the Camino.

I also like mapy.cz to explore other trails.

Oh, do download the maps to work when your phone is in airplane mode. There are a few spotty cell coverage places on the Primitivo...

Other than Buen Camino occasionally resetting itself if I left maps to take pictures, it worked pretty well.

In other notes, remember that many bars and cafés close on Mondays. (Tineo had two small bars open when I went through, and the following Monday to Ferreira had some long legs).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Gronze and Buen Camino are both awesome. We're on the Primitivo right now from the Norte. I used the Buen Camino to find places to stay. As suggested be sure to download the offline maps. I also set up our stages.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back