• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best place to post parcel to in Santiago?

Joanne P

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances June 2018 & June 2023
Hi Everyone

The first stop for me will be in Hospital de Orbigo for the Festival, before making my way to SJPDP.

Whilst in Hospital de Orbigo, I am hoping the hotel can help me to post a parcel to Santiago for collection at the end of my Camino. Can anyone please advise:
- Best/cheapest postal service to use?
- Best place to send it to (eg Ivar, Pilgrim House, post office)?
- Do these places charge a holding fee?
- Are some better than others for ease of access / pick up? (eg opening hours, location etc)

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jo

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I used ivar and thought the service was fabulous, and a great price. Sent using correos. I believe the price depends on the size of your box.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I used ivar and thought the service was fabulous, and a great price. Sent using correos. I believe the price depends on the size of your box.
Thank you

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Today I sent a box of stuff to Ivar fro Puenta La Reina. The box cost 3 euros and about 14 euros to Santiago for 2 kilos. I believe there is a peregrino rate. The lady asked first up was it to Santiago.

Today I sent a box of stuff to Ivar fro Puenta La Reina. The box cost 3 euros and about 14 euros to Santiago for 2 kilos. I believe there is a peregrino rate. The lady asked first up was it to Santiago.
Ivar, so this is my post to let you know that I hope to pick up the parcel hopefully on 6 June. Will let you know if the date changes.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Hi Joanne,
As for Pilgrim House, we only accept luggage/ packs in person from people who've already walked into Santiago (they usually leave them in order to explore Santiago, or walk to Finisterre and back, etc.). So Ivar and Correos are great options and we usually recommend those. Hope to see you when you're in town.
Buen Camino!
Faith

Hello. Yes, I am definitely planning on stopping in for a visit. Thank you for your reply. See you late July

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum