A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Best way from SDC to Lisbon

Camino(s) past & future
bogg1000
Does anyone have knowledge of the best way to get to Lisbon from Santiago? So far, my research leads me to think flying, as the bus routes I keep getting are very complicated.

Any help is appreciated, as always.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
I just googled blablacar and there are 6 journeys posted. If you want you can follow that up. Cost, about €38

Camino(s) past & future
Francés (Spring '17)
Primitivo (Spring '18)
TBD (2019)
I just did it a couple of weeks ago. The bus route is not complicated but it's long. There is a daily direct bus with Alsa leaving SdC at 12pm (€50), arriving in Lisbon at about 8:30pm Portuguese time (9:30pm Spanish time). There are also two daily train options, both with changes in Vigo and Porto, but the first leaves SdC at 6am, and the second leaves in the afternoon and you will have to stay overnight in Porto.

DowtyCamino

Camino(s) past & future
May-July (2014),
May-July (2017)
The shortest duration seems to be a train North to A Coruna and then a flight down to Lisbon. The fares don't look bad to me.

Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, De Soulac, Norte, Madrid-Salv-Primitivo
the bus routes I keep getting are very complicated
I love taking the Alsa bus from Santiago to Lisbon. It’s so easy. Get on it at midday at the bus station in Santiago, and get off it in Lisbon. Not complicated at all. It stops in Porto for nearly an hour, so you can stretch your legs and get some lunch.
Jill

Camino(s) past & future
bogg1000
Thanks for all your replies. I love the Alsa busses, but it didn’t appear as an option in Rom2Rio search. I guess I rely to heavily on that search engine.

That’s what I’ll do then.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances {2016}, Portugese {2017}
I enjoyed the bus ride. Very convenient and stops for food along the way. Was still light when we arrive

Camino(s) past & future
September (2018)
Hi David,
You can easily get a train up to La Coruña, and from there TAP Portugal does flights from LCG to LIS. We've flown it twice, and it's a tiny 20-seater plane with a cute snack box on each seat and an open view to the cockpit and the front window. You *may* be able to book it one or two days in advance, but you may want to start checking the availability about a week in advance just to make sure.

Buen Camino!
Faith
Took this good advice and have tickets booked post Camino in October to fly from La Coruna to Lisbon. Very affordable (Rome2Rio) and will arrive via train or taxi from SDC the morning of departure.

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Took this good advice and have tickets booked post Camino in October to fly from La Coruna to Lisbon. Very affordable (Rome2Rio) and will arrive via train or taxi from SDC the morning of departure.
Great, Krista! Enjoy! La Coruña and Lisbon are both beautiful. Buen Camino!

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.5%