• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz Airport Bus

cardifflad52

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2015 Inglis Way , March 2022 Camino Frances
Can anyone tell me if i am able to purchase a ticket on the biarritz airport bus to Bayonne on Friday morning or do I need to obtain one first , if so from where ...many thanks

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Most likely not.
Rometorio website mentions 1 or 2 € depending on the company. So to be sure have two coins of 2 € ready.
Thank you for that , I have to get some change in the airport

Looks like it is 1.20 Euros. One euro for the fare and 20 cents for the card. Per the bus company site there is also a group card for 3-5 people. You may also be able to use your credit card if there is a tap function machine on the bus.

Looks like bus number 4 takes you to downtown Bayonne.
If you use Chrome, you can get a translation if you don't speak or read French. (I don't)

The other company uses bus #3 and costs 2 euros.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Have the coins in hand or you won't be on the bus for long. The pick-up stop is a little odd, at least when I lived there for years. You have to walk out of the terminal go to the left and stand on the parking exit road.

Things may have changed, but when we were there a few years ago there wasn't a lot to the airport and not much open. We were the first flight of the day and I do remember a lot of people getting onto to the bus. We took Express Bourecott to St. Jean.

One time when Phil flew into Santiago he had to "borrow change" from another pilgrim to get on the airport bus because he had only bill and no coins. 🤪

Have the coins in hand or you won't be on the bus for long. The pick-up stop is a little odd, at least when I lived there for years. You have to walk out of the terminal go to the left and stand on the parking exit road.
Changed spanking new all buses stands at end of terminal building.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I assume you are going to Bayonne le Gare then onto SJPP ask some driver for Bayonne le gare not just Bayonne. .

The bus runs in figure 8 loop so be sure you go directly to the train stool and not into town first
Thank you Howard , I ask the driver to drop me off at the right stop for the train station that's if there are not other pilgrims on there

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you for that Mac , I spotted that bus firm yesterday ..its a number 4 then I have about a 3hour wait so maybe a spot of light lunch ..
Oops sorry wrong name not got my glasses on lol they with my backpack ..so frogs and snails in a herb and garlic sauce for lunch tomorrow then !!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back