• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz to st jean

Biarritz to st jean..bus or train?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

orlagh jiman

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning 3 weeks 2017.firsttimer:)
Heya We are arriving in biarritz 6th of june.do we need to book train tickets in advance or would it be easier to get a bus?Thanks in advance

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
From Biarritz airport (Anglet) take a Chronopost bus 14 to the BAYONNE rr station (Gare SNCF).
Travel time is roughly 30 minutes.

At Bayonne station take a regional TER line 62 train to SJPdP.

Generally there are several TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day.
For current schedule see
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine
There are NO reserved seats; seating is open as on a tram or metro. The cost to SJPdP from Bayonne is about 10 euros. SJPdP is the last stop; journey time roughly 1 1/2 hours. The TER train also transports bikes.

Bon Voyage and Buen Camino!

From Biarritz airport (Anglet) take a Chronopost bus 14 to the BAYONNE rr station (Gare SNCF).

Generally there are several TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day. There are NO reserved seats; seating is open as on a tram or metro. The cost to SJPdP from Bayonne is about 10 euros. SJPdP is the last stop; journey time roughly 1 1/2 hours. The TER train also transports bikes.

Thanks very much,much appreciated.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Generally there are several TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day.
For current schedule see
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine
There are NO reserved seats; seating is open as on a tram or metro. The cost to SJPdP from Bayonne is about 10 euros. SJPdP is the last stop; journey time roughly 1 1/2 hours. The TER train also transports bikes.

Hi,
I am leaving the 18th Belgium for Biarritz Airport
then 19th Biarritz 1000 to Bayonne with TGV arrive 1021
1228 Autocar 4317 to SJPD
ticket price was 14.30 euro
is that ok too?
please advice
thank you in advance

Hi,
is that ok too?
please advice
thank you in advance

Sounds fine. Price includes train from Biarritz to Bayonne and substitute bus/autocar for TER 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP.
This is a temporary bus service provided by the rr at the same price and same time of the usual TER local line 62 train. This bus departs from the front of the train station/Gare SNCF.
The repairs are planned to be finished by 12 May.

Last edited:
Hi,
is that ok too?
please advice
thank you in advance

It works. You can take Chronoplus bus #C from Anglet/Biarritz airport to Gare Biarritz.

Its cheaper to take Chronoplus bus #14 from Anglet/Biarritz airport or downtown Biarritz to Gare Bayonne but the train is faster.

I guess it depends on where in Biarritz you are staying. It might be more convenient to take a Chronplus bus to Bayonne.

Chronoplus - includes map and schedules.
http://www.chronoplus.eu/

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Oooor....
You can walk. Well, from Bayonne. Or, as the two young gents from Poland did, from Biarritz.
It's lovely.
(From Bayonne) Well marked for the first half of the first day, then a detective/navigator job the second half of the first day + the next two days. Did I regret walking from Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied du Port?
Absolutely not.
I had the trail, the albegues, the sky, the sun, the lovely Basque people I met all to myself!
This route is called la Voie de la Nive and is an excellent way to walk from sea level up to SJPP level, and to prepare for walking even higher than that!

PEI_Heather: Excellent idea. I will do this next time, Thank you

If there are a group of you I highly recommend looking into an express bourricot from Biarritz airport to SJPDP. I came across someone at the airport also doing the Camino who was getting this and suggested it to my father and I. I just emailed the place as we were boarding the plane with our flight info and they said the price varies depending on the amount of people that end up getting it but they try and add people together to make it cheaper. Just google them and email them with your flight info and the time it is due to arrive in Biarritz and they will be there at the airport to pick you up. I emailed them before I boarded my plane to add my father and I onto the trip and they were there when we got off the plane and we had been added on to 3 other people so we ended up in a bus load with 5 people and it was only 15 Euros each. The man who drove us was super friendly and gave us advice and dropped us right in the heart of SJPDP and directed us to the passport office.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If there are a group of you I highly recommend looking into an express bourricot from Biarritz airport to SJPDP. I came across someone at the airport also doing the Camino who was getting this and suggested it to my father and I. I just emailed the place as we were boarding the plane with our flight info and they said the price varies depending on the amount of people that end up getting it but they try and add people together to make it cheaper. Just google them and email them with your flight info and the time it is due to arrive in Biarritz and they will be there at the airport to pick you up. I emailed them before I boarded my plane to add my father and I onto the trip and they were there when we got off the plane and we had been added on to 3 other people so we ended up in a bus load with 5 people and it was only 15 Euros each. The man who drove us was super friendly and gave us advice and dropped us right in the heart of SJPDP and directed us to the passport office.
Sounds good but there's only 2 of us

That's sounds great,but there's only 2 of us id say it's pot luck how many others there would be don't want to end up paying €100 that early in the tripwell I wouldn't care but my husband would
Express Bourricot usually fills the seats so consider it.
Consider it done so,thanks very much.✋

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi! I plan to go on El Camino Portugues starting in Vigo this summer, and after, I am going to explore Europe. I need a suitcase for my trip after El Camino, and I have been struggling to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back