• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bilbao to Pamplona by Bus

Heliman1965

Time of past OR future Camino
May 19th 2012
May 2015
June 6th 2017 Burgos to Leon
July 25th 2017 Sarria to Santiago
June 2018 SJPDP to Santiago
Hi All,

I'm fly into Bilbao from Heathrow on 16th May and need to get a bus/train from the airport to Pamplona any help welcomed.
I've tried to book online through ALSA and independentrip.com but don't seem to be able to find a bus for this date...
can anyone suggest anything? I'm due to meet up with my nephew and 2 of his friend in Pamplona and I have booked an apartment and don't want them to be left high n dry so any info would be very welcome or if anyone else is traveling from Heathrow to Bilbao on the 16th May 2015...

Kind Regards
Bryan

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Bryan,

I also have been trying to book bus tickets from Bilbao to Pamplona for June 4th but keep being told that the "date selected for trip are out of the time frame allowed by the company offering journeys"

A few minutes ago I put in the date of April 3rd and there would be no difficulty with that date. So perhaps you too are outside the time frame.

The website I was using was www.movelia.es
Buen Camino,

Lydia

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For got to say that there is a bus from the airport to Bilbao bus station every half hour and as far as I can remember it takes about a half hour.

It is number 3247. and costs €1.45. Best to have some change as the bus driver in spain is not required to give change more than the bus fare.

It leaves the airport 15 minutes and 45 minutes past the hour e.g. 12.15 and 12.45
Buen Camino

Last edited:
Bryan,

I also have been trying to book bus tickets from Bilbao to Pamplona for June 4th but keep being told that the "date selected for trip are out of the time frame allowed by the company offering journeys"

A few minutes ago I put in the date of April 3rd and there would be no difficulty with that date. So perhaps you too are outside the time frame.

Buen Camino,

Lydia

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for your reply :)
I've just tried the same thing and got the same result :) I'll have to sit tight for a little longer :-( I just like to get things put in place in plenty time for the ease of the trip...

It'll leave me a little bit tight for time as I land at 11:30hrs and the bus leaves Bilbao bus terminal at 13:00hrs fingers crossed I can get through arrivals quick sharp :) or it'll be a taxi into Bilbao...

I'll keep trying for the bus ticket online :)

Many Thanks for your help guys
Buen Camino

Bryan

Maybe you could let me know when you do finally get your booking and that would indicate to me as to when I should make my booking.

Regarding the nephew and friend waiting for you in Pamplona. Perhaps you could email him a copy of your booking and also send an email to the landlord saying that the nephew might arrive before you and that it would be OK to give him the keys.

We who are careful and like to have everything worked out in good order give ourselves a whole lot of grief. Others just sail by and don't understand why we do it to ourselves, but it is the way we are wired.!!!!

Have a great Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Maybe you could let me know when you do finally get your booking and that would indicate to me as to when I should make my booking.

Regarding the nephew and friend waiting for you in Pamplona. Perhaps you could email him a copy of your booking and also send an email to the landlord saying that the nephew might arrive before you and that it would be OK to give him the keys.

We who are careful and like to have everything worked out in good order give ourselves a whole lot of grief. Others just sail by and don't understand why we do it to ourselves, but it is the way we are wired.!!!!

Have a great Camino

I will certainly will let you know as soon as I am able to book my bus ticket...
I got that stressed with the bus website, I even looked at taking a taxi from Bilbao airport to Pamplona to make sure of arriving in plenty of time to meet up with my nephew... but the price is far too extreme at around 240Euros :-(

Wired "No" organised "Yes" :)

Hi Lydia

I've just looked again at booking my bus ticket from Bilbao to Pamplona and at last I'm able to purchase a ticket for the 16th of May "Yipppeeee"
So you shouldn't be to far off being able to book yours :)

Happy Planning
Bryan :)

I had been having difficulties with La Union Alvesa and trying to book a bus to Belorado so decided to switch to Alsa and travel to Burgos instead.
Far less hassle and easier to book.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Bryan,

Buen Camino,

Lydia
Hi Lydia, are you off again. Not long back and flew home from Bilbao. If you have been in Bilbao before you will find the bus station very unfamiliar. It is undergoing major renovation and a lot of it has been knocked down. The old ticket offices and platforms are gone from what I could tell. Buen Camino

Hi Lydia, are you off again. Not long back and flew home from Bilbao. If you have been in Bilbao before you will find the bus station very unfamiliar. It is undergoing major renovation and a lot of it has been knocked down. The old ticket offices and platforms are gone from what I could tell. Buen Camino
OOOPs, just noticed the dates on the original posts, silly me :)

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back