Search 62305 Camino Questions

Blister Prevention Gear Shopping in Paris

Lemonkid

Anyone know where a good place to pick up blister tape and that kind of stuff in Paris? I might have to pick up a hiking hat and a pair of pants that zip off into shorts too.

John Brierley 2023 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
In Spain you can buy Compeed in the pharmacies.
Not sure about Paris. . . you could just wait until you arrive in Spain...

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
Hi Lemonkid-

An interesting one to look for in Paris is Aux Vieux Campeur. They have stores throughout the Latin Quarter. Otherwise any of the major department stores (BHV, Bon Marche, Fnac, Galeries Lafayette, Printemps, Samaritaine) will have an outdoor adventure section and that might be easier if you just need a few items.

And you can buy compeed at the pharmacie in Paris as well.

Best,

lynne

Most read last week in this forum

Who is behind Gronze.com? This resource is likely the most often mentioned on this forum. I’m thinking it’s time to do a shout out to the developers who keep it up to date year after year.
I will do the camino in the first week of September, from Sarria. What is the best option for the rain in that time: an impermeable windbreak or an impermeable jacket as Outdoor Research Helium?
Hi, does anyone know of a China Store (sells cheap goods) in Burgos city centre? I am arriving in a couple of weeks' time and would like to buy an umbrella. Thanks! Jill
So I'm walking for the first time at the end of May and I'm coming from NZ. I'm wondering if I bring a sleeping bag with me, it's quite a chunky piece of equipment, but I've also heard various...
Hello everyone! I am going to start on 9 February and I am still undecided about which shoes to use. Actually I have 2 types: normal hiking shoes (first pic) and alpine shoes (second pic). The...
Hey guys. Wondering y'all's backpack recommendations for the Portuguese Camino in May. Not sure if this matters but I'm a 5'8 female. I was thinking about maybe the Osprey Eja 38 or the Gregory...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.