A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Bon courage, Aussie pilgrims...

2020 Camino Guides

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Dear Aussie pilgrims,
I am thinking of you constantly from across the waves….
The bushfires in Australia are talked about every day here, where I am in France. We see the videos and images and worry for you. We worry for the wildlife, too. You are not forgotten. Some of you may be coping with évacuations and the loss of your homes, loss of life, of animals or lifestock, communities and much more. I hope this is not so...

Bon courage!
Lovingkindness

319562_10150313368628925_1949949719_n.jpg

Last edited:

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012)
CP(2015)
St Olavs Way Norway(2016)
88 Temples Japan(2017)
PWC & VF(2019)
Israel (2020)
Dear Aussie pilgrims,
The bushfires in Australia are talked about every day here, where I am in France. We see the videos and images and worry for you. We worry for the wildlife, too. You are not forgotten. Some of you may be coping with évacuations and the loss of your homes, loss of life, of animals or lifestock, communities and much more. I hope this is not so...

Bon courage!
Lovingkindness

View attachment 68474
Thank you @lovingkindness...the thoughts, wishes and prayers from around the world are appreciated...they do make a difference.
We've escaped the worst of it here in Tassie but I have family (incl my elderly parents) on the mainland who were caught in the middle of the NSW fires. My parents spent a week in an evacuation camp & other relatives were trapped by fast moving fire & had no choice but to defend their home.
Fortunately for my family, their homes were spared. Thousands of others were not so lucky & are suffering greater losses. And the impact on our beautiful, unique & precious wildlife is just devastating.
Fires are part of life in the harsh Australian (& in other countries) summer. You can be assured we will get through this..but the road to recovery will be long for so many. The fire season is still far from over...then lives, homes & livelihoods can begin rebuilding.
Sempre avanti...& thank you
🇦🇺 🦘 🐨 ❤

Last edited:

longwayhome

Camino(s) past & future
SJpdP to Santiago ( Sept-Oct 2018)
Thank you so much. I have been so heartened by the love and donations from all around the world to our families, our fire fighters and our amazing wildlife. Fires to the north and fires to the south, so depending which way the wind blows, we sweat or we breathe here in the middle of two fire grounds, surrounded daily by thick smoke . I am unable to walk in any of my special places as most of them are now burned or still burning. But I have a home. We love our Firies!! When you support us Aussie pilgrims with thoughts and energy we can support those around us that little bit more . xxx

Mima1965

Camino(s) past & future
Norte/Primitivo/Frances (2021)
Dear Aussie pilgrims,

Bon courage!
Lovingkindness

View attachment 68474
Well said Lovingkidness. It is very real for us here in New Zealand. Last week we had orange skies followed by grey skies in the middle of a summer afternoon. Our thoughts and hearts re with you
Dear Aussie pilgrims,

Bon courage!
Lovingkindness

View attachment 68474
Well said Lovingkindness! The scale of the problem is very real for us here in New Zealand
Thank you @lovingkindness...the thoughts, wishes and prayers from around the world are appreciated...they do make a difference.
We've escaped the worst of it here in Tassie but I have family (incl my elderly parents) on the mainland who were caught in the middle of the NSW fires. My parents spent a week in an evacuation camp & other relatives were trapped by fast moving fire & had no choice but to defend their home.
Fortunately for my family, their homes were spared. Thousands of others were not so lucky & are suffering greater losses. And the impact on our beautiful, unique & precious wildlife is just devastating.
Fires are part of life in the harsh Australian (& in other countries) summer. You can be assured we will get through this..but the road to recovery will be long for so many. The fire season is still far from over...then lives, homes & livelihoods can begin rebuilding.
Sempre avanti...& thank you
🇦🇺 🦘 🐨 ❤
Dear Aussie pilgrims,

Bon courage!
Lovingkindness

View attachment 68474
Well said Lovingkindness! The scale of the problem is very real also for us in New Zealand. Although 1,300 miles across the ocean last weekend we had the unprecedented experience of driving with lights on an early summer afternoon. It really puts into perspective the global scale of the situation.
Image result for australian wildfires are turning the nz sky apocalyptic orange
6 days ago
Australian wildfires are turning the New Zealand sky an apocalyptic orange. The giant plume of smoke made its way across the Tasman Sea, spawned by the rampaging Australian wildfires and borne on a quick jet of westerly winds. ... Bands of incoming smoke caused eerie sunsets and turnedsnow on its mountains coffee brown.6 days ago
Australian wildfire smoke turns New Zealand sky orange - The ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com › weather › 2020/01/05 › australia-wildfire

Our troops, firefighters and volunteers are a drop in the ocean but praying the international effort and community is united to help. With you everyday Aussies. Love from NZ

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CFx2, CPx1
I do remember living in Wellington, New Zealand, in the 1960s.
For days, smoke from Aussie bush fires bathed the surrounding hills and I well remember ash settling on the footpath as a walked to my bus stop one morning.
So, the smoke is not a new thing, but perhaps the severity of the fires is.
Regards
Gerard

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
@lovingkindness, thank you for this post that channels what we are all thinking and feeling.
It is heartbreaking, the loss of life of all kinds.

My thoughts are with all of you...praying all is well for you and yours. . .and for rain, or at least a relatively cool southerly.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 49 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 178 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 291 24.6%
  • June

Votes: 85 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.3%
  • September

Votes: 337 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 146 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock