• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

British Museum: Thomas Becket: murder and the making of a saint

• Thread starter Deleted member 73526
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 73526

Exhibition - Thomas Becket: murder and the making of a saint
British Museum from 20 May to 22 August

This exhibition brings together artifacts from all over Europe to show the widespread impact of the murder of Thomas Becket in 1170. The pilgrimage to Becket's shrine in Canterbury Cathedral was one of Europe's most popular pilgrimages. Looks like a great exhibition for forum members with an interest in the history of pilgrimage:

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The exhibit is currently scheduled to finish in August. Too bad us foreigners won’t be able to see it...

The exhibit is currently scheduled to finish in August. Too bad us foreigners won’t be able to see it...
I'm unlikely to be able to see it myself but the UK is starting to relax travel restrictions and quarantine requirements for "green list" countries. Depending on where you're travelling from it might be relatively easy to enter the UK this summer.

Anyway ... I thought it worth sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm unlikely to be able to see it myself but I thought it worth sharing.
Given your generous sharing, let me share something I have only just become aware of. Do read to the end, that is where my post connects with yours. A website called watchdocumentaries.com is allowing me to have unrestricted access. It is free, and not linked to adverts or nasty stuff. I found it while looking for a documentary I was alerted to by another forum member. It will take me some time to reach that one, as I am currently on episode 3 of 20 in a series called History of Britain. Episode 3 is entitled Dynasty. Murder in the Cathedral. Beckett of course meets his end. The historian presenting the series is Simon Schama. A variety of additions to my knowledge come from following links from this forum, and for that I am thankful. I pace myself with watching the series. I do not want shin splints in my eyes from not gauging the distance for each day! A lame pun, but this is about walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back