• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buen Camino App - Payment

David with new Kit!

Time of past OR future Camino
2019, 2021, 2022
Guys
I used this app very successfully on my recent Camino (Frances) and I want to contribute to it via Paypal but so far with no success through the app. (I only want to use the Paypal option)

I've emailed the editor and sent a Whatsapp message, but got no replies.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Additional clues about the mode of failure might help folks to help you to help the app publisher, such as a screenshot of the error message or etc.

On the other hand, if the app publisher does not reply promptly to your "Please help me give you money" message, one might be tempted to simply move on to other issues.

Just copy the email address on the payment page, then go to your PayPal account and send the payment to that address.
Screenshot_20211030-072018_Buen Camino.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Additional clues about the mode of failure might help folks to help you to help the app publisher, such as a screenshot of the error message or etc.

On the other hand, if the app publisher does not reply promptly to your "Please help me give you money" message, one might be tempted to simply move on to other issues.
No error message, just no replies.

Such a shame, because it’s a fantastic app. I am operating with WiFi only, and the gps function helps me always know that I am where I want to be ( and conversely, when I am off course)

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Thanks, but that's the email address I'm getting no reply from, I'm reluctant to send payment into the ether to a non replying email address
I checked my PayPal account, and it's actually a new/different email address than the one that I sent to in July.

paypal buen camino.JPG

It's also different from the email address in the "Information and Contact" section on the app.

Screenshot_20211030-122156_Buen Camino.jpg

I have sent them a WhatsApp message before when I had some questions about the app. The WhatsApp number is +34 654 504 390

And here is the website for the company that publishes the app

Attachments

• 1635622022277.png
    1635622022277.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
I checked my PayPal account, and it's actually a new/different email address than the one that I sent to in July.

View attachment 112261

It's also different from the email address in the "Information and Contact" section on the app.

View attachment 112262

I have sent them a WhatsApp message before when I had some questions about the app. The WhatsApp number is +34 654 504 390

And here is the website for the company that publishes the app

Thanks @trecile - I had sent a whatsapp and email to the same phone number and same email address in your info on October 26th, but still no reply from either. I dunno whats going on.

If I depended on donations, I'd definitely be monitoring my Whatsapp and email !!

Thanks @trecile - I had sent a whatsapp and email to the same phone number and same email address in your info on October 26th, but still no reply from either. I dunno whats going on.

If I depended on donations, I'd definitely be monitoring my Whatsapp and email !!
I sent a WhatsApp yesterday to make sure that the number is still correct, and I received a reply within 5 minutes.
The reason that I wanted to double check the phone number was because there was a message on WhatsApp that said

This business account has now registered as a standard account. Tap for more info.

When I tapped for more info I got this message

This account was previously a business account but has now registered as a stanard account and may no longer belong to the business.

When I look at the information for the account it is in the name of Carlos Mencos, who I know is the publisher of the Buen Camino app and website.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks @trecile the info on your second attachment does indeed have new contact info, I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on. (I didn't realise the info on both attachments were different )

@trecile - Success!!

I used the carlos@editorialbuencamino.es email address and got a reply quite quickly.

Also, as you said, payment can be made on PayPal simply buy inserting info@jacobea.net in the box asking to whom you wish to pay.

I also explained to Carlos that not everyone (me included) will realise that is how to make a payment with PayPal.

He agrees, and he sent me a link instead which made it a lot easier. He will look to update the app with the direct PayPal link instead of using info@jacobea.net.

I tried the new link, it worked very well and donated very easily with it.

Thank you for hanging in there and helping me with this.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.
Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back