• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus to La Virgen Del Camino

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Yesterday we pulled into Leon and I was surprised to see us at a brand new bus station I’ve never seen before because I usually walk into Leon.

In the past, we’ve caught a city bus across the street from the bus station to take us to Virgin Del Camino, but I’m wondering if this is still the case. Can anybody tell me exactly where to catch the bus and which number bus to catch divergent Del Camino if you have done this recently.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yesterday we pulled into Leon and I was surprised to see us at a brand new bus station I’ve never seen before because I usually walk into Leon.

In the past, we’ve caught a city bus across the street from the bus station to take us to Virgin Del Camino, but I’m wondering if this is still the case. Can anybody tell me exactly where to catch the bus and which number bus to catch divergent Del Camino if you have done this recently.
Depends where you are but I have always caught it on Gran Via San Marcos.

ALSA M1 with Amora on the front.

Screenshot_20240423-233619.png

Google Maps is your friend 😊

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
1713878671959.png
Alsa bus stop on map above. It’s a 10 minute bus ride.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I think the bus might start/end at Plaza St. Domingo. I investigated taking the bus but decided to walk. I should have taken the bus since the walk is not very pleasant after crossing the river at San Marcos.

A number of ALSA buses run from Leon to Virgen del Camino and on to different destinations, but all leave from Estacion de Autobuses immediately to the south of the railway station. Is this the new bus station? I was last there in 2019 and it looked fairly new (if basic.)

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back