• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus transport to Sarria

Nikkie

Time of past OR future Camino
June/July 2023
Our Camino adventure starts on 30 June. We leave our hotel in Santiago de Compostela to travel to Sarria and will begin walking back the next day. We intend to travel to Sarria by bus. I am looking for advice or information about whether to catch the bus from the airport (as our hotel is about 10 minutes from there) or from the city centre, bus companies and timetables. If it helps we are staying at Gran Hotel Los Abetos and can get a taxi from there to either. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You're just 4 kms from the Cathedral and another km to the bus and train station from that hotel. Nice hotel by the way. I stayed there on my day 67 of the Camino Frances a few years ago.

So, you could spend just over an hour walking the Camino from there to the cathedral and then walk 20 minutes to the station. Nice way to start and you'll see how you feel differently after putting in more than a hundred kms from Sarria when you do that bit again.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Our Camino adventure starts on 30 June. We leave our hotel in Santiago de Compostela to travel to Sarria and will begin walking back the next day. We intend to travel to Sarria by bus. I am looking for advice or information about whether to catch the bus from the airport (as our hotel is about 10 minutes from there) or from the city centre, bus companies and timetables. If it helps we are staying at Gran Hotel Los Abetos and can get a taxi from there to either. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.
Our Camino will start on September 8 in Sarria but we'll be staying a day in Santiago before proceeding to Sarria. How did you manage to get from Santiago to Sarria by bus and how much did you pay? Let us know please.

Our Camino will start on September 8 in Sarria but we'll be staying a day in Santiago before proceeding to Sarria. How did you manage to get from Santiago to Sarria by bus and how much did you pay? Let us know please.
Hi. We got a taxi to the airport from our hotel, which was on the outskirts of the city and about 10 mins by car, and caught the Monbus from there. (We decided we wanted our first experience of the city to be at the end of our walk). We caught the bus that left the airport at about 11.15 am and is the only one during the day that goes on to Sarria after it has stopped at Lugo (otherwise you get off at the main bus station in Lugo and catch another bus to Sarria). I believe that bus leaves the city bus station around 11.00 am but best check the Monbus website to confirm times nearer the time. The fare from the airport was around 11 euros each. I hope this helps. Buen Camino!

Hi. We got a taxi to the airport from our hotel, which was on the outskirts of the city and about 10 mins by car, and caught the Monbus from there. (We decided we wanted our first experience of the city to be at the end of our walk). We caught the bus that left the airport at about 11.15 am and is the only one during the day that goes on to Sarria after it has stopped at Lugo (otherwise you get off at the main bus station in Lugo and catch another bus to Sarria). I believe that bus leaves the city bus station around 11.00 am but best check the Monbus website to confirm times nearer the time. The fare from the airport was around 11 euros each. I hope this helps. Buen Camino!
Thanks, Nikkie. Indeed there is only one Monbus at 11 am that leaves Santiago to go to Sarria directily without stopping at Lugo. This we will take as our hotel in right in the city.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back